sixteen

'Wow the capital really is different in all sorts of ways.' Jongho says as he looks around in awe. The buildings are all new and well built unlike the ones they've seen in small towns.

'Close your mouth Jongie you're looking like a foreigner.' Jennie says casually as she looks around, reminiscing the place she hasn't been to in years. She's also alert, looking out for familiar faces.

She wore a hat out just in case.

'It still looks as refreshing as ever. The capital is amazing after all.' Hongjoong says and sees Mingi almost walking into a bin as he looked around.

'Yah watch where you're walking you idiot.' Yeosang says and stop Mingi.

'Stop looking around we have serious business to do.' Jennie says and walks ahead.

'Where are we going?' San asks the petite girl.

'To Wooyoung's favourite place.' Jennie says and the drunk suddenly appears, bouncing into San.

'A bar? Really?!' Wooyoung exclaims. Jennie scoffs seeing his excitement.

'You're right for the first time. You're too sober, let's go get you a beer.' Jennie says.

'Why're we going to a bar?' Jongho asks.

'To meet my old friend.'

The group arrives at a small bar after a short walk.

'We're closed for now-'

Jennie smiles as she sees the shocked face of the man. He's still the same as she remembers him, time seeming not to affect the man's appearance.

'It's been a while, Jin.'

'Yah you-'

The man is speechless. But he throws the towel he was holding down to go hug the girl.

'You smell like sweat.' Jennie says as she grimaces, since she dislikes hugs.

'I thought you died!' Jin says and flicks her forehead.

'Ow! What was that for?' Jennie says and rubs her forehead. The other guys watch with horror, scared Jennie would get her gun out to shoot the guy right away. But she just glares at him.

'You got me all worried, where were you for these years?' Jin asks, and looks at the guys behind her.

'Having fun. Gosh you really need a shower, stop working so much.' Jennie says and Jin lets her go, smelling himself.

'Do I smell that much?'

'No, I just didn't want to be hugged anymore, can we have seven beers?' Jennie says and sits down at a table.

'Sure. You guys sit as well.' Jin says and smiles before going to get beer for them.

'You're close with him. Who is he?' San asks curiously.

'Just a friend, he helped me a lot before.' Jennie says.

'Here's your beers. So, who are these people?' Jin asks Jennie.

'We're pirates, actually.' Mingi answers and Jin's eyes widen.

'Really?'

Jennie nods and takes a sip of her beer.

'It's better than what I was before okay.'

'What were you before?' Wooyoung asks.

'You should be careful going around.' Jin says.

'Why should you be careful?' Yeosang asks.

'Yah you guys ask way too many questions, I need to talk about serious stuff so keep your mouths shut.' Jennie tells the guys and they pout while nodding.

'What are you doing back then? You wanted to leave so badly.' Jin says.

'We're doing a job actually.' Jennie says and takes out a sketch of the dragon tattoo which she still remembers clearly in her head. 'Do you know someone with this tattoo? They most likely work for someone in the royal court.'

Jin takes a look at the sketch, he shakes his head.

'No but I can ask around for you, why?' Jin asks.

'We need to find this person, but they could be dangerous, so be careful when you ask around. And do you know any places that sells ships here? Ones that are large enough to carry 30 people.' Jennie asks.

'There's two, one near the police station while the other is by the market.' Jin says.

'We can split up and ask around. Hongjoong you take Yeosang and Jongho with you to the one near the market. I'll go to the other one with San, Wooyoung and Mingi.'

'Okay, let's do that.' Hongjoong says.

'Wow you sound so mature just now, I didn't recognise you for a second.' Jin jokes.

'She grew up well didn't she?' Hongjoong says and pats her head, which Jennie then pushes his hand off.

'I'm not a kid you know.' Jennie says.

'You'll always be a kid in my eyes.' Jin says and Jennie scoffs.

'And you'll always be an old man in mine.'

'What? I don't look old at all.' Jin says in disbelief.

'But you act like an old man.' Jennie says casually.

'I see offending people is still your hobby.' Jin says and crosses his arms and narrows his eyes at her.

'It's not a hobby, it's a habit.'