twenty nine

'Did he not tell you anything?'

'No, he refused to speak.' Jennie says as she comes out of the room. 'Leave him be for now, I'll question him again tomorrow.'

Yunho and Seonghwa look to each other with worried eyes. They listened to the girl and left the dungeon.

She doesn't seem to be in a good mood, so Seonghwa decided to leave the girl be for now, knowing she'll wants some personal space.

Jennie retreats to her room after getting back. Despite the others wanting to speak to her, she just locked herself in without saying anything.

She's doing it tonight.

The day she's been waiting for has finally come. She can finally get revenge for her father. For years, she's been haunted by the memory of the dragon tattoo, fearing he'll find her and kill her.

She can finally settle everything once and for all.

After waiting till the clock strikes 2, she leaves the house quietly with her loaded gun and knife. She's prepared to risk her life for anything.

She gets to town quickly by her horse, to the address Hanbin gives her. Upon arriving the building, she goes into the back of the house, an alleyway, to break in through the back door.

She struggles for a bit, but she succeeds in breaking it open after a few tries.

Upon entering, she once again feels disappointed in Hanbin. The man she's been looking for for years, is sitting on the chair, waiting for her. She also sees Nayeon, smirking as she feels someone place a cloth over her mouth from behind.

'It's been a while, my dear Jennie.'

After hearing that, she blacks out, falling onto the ground unconscious.

...

'Jen! You've been sleeping for ages wake up already!'

Hongjoong goes into her room after knocking a few times with no answer. He feels uneasy as he sees the empty room.

He's used to her leaving without telling them, so he leaves the room again.

He goes downstairs to the others, who're resting and doing their own things.

'Oh Yunho you're here.' Hongjoong says as he notices the tall guard sitting next to San on the sofa, chatting away.

'That button you gave me.' Yunho says and takes it out from his pocket. 'It's belongs to the second prince, Chan.'

Hongjoong feels his heart drop. He knows how much Seonghwa loves his brother, and trusts him.

'Are Chan and Seonghwa close?' Hongjoong asks, not having told the guard the origin of the button.

'Yes, they're very close despite the second queen being horrible to him.' Yunho says, he's slightly catching onto Hongjoong's thoughts.

'That's bad... has Seonghwa ever suspected him?' Hongjoong says.

'I don't think so. How did you find this button?' Yunho asks.

'I found it after I saw someone talking to Seungri. I think the second prince is behind all of this.' Hongjoong says honestly.

Yunho sighs into his hand.

'I'll keep an eye out. I won't tell your highness yet until this is all confirmed. I'm going to go question Kim Hanbin now. Wanna come?' Yunho says.

'Sure. We need him to talk quick.' Hongjoong says and follows the guard.

...

Jennie wakes up with a bag over her head. But the bag is quickly taken off her as she wakes up. She finds herself in some sort of basement, with Nayeon right in front of her.

'Oh you're awake.' Nayeon smirks as she sees her opened eyes.

'You were working with the second prince.' Jennie says with a deadly glare.

'It was beneficial for both of us to get rid of you. You were ruining my reputation too much.' Nayeon says and slaps her.

Jennie looks back at her with a glare, and Nayeon just smirks.

'I wanted to have some fun with you first, before we dispose of you. The second prince agreed.' Nayeon says and laughs.

'That man, with the tattoo, where is he?!' Jennie says aggressively. She tries to move but she's tied to the pipe behind her.

'You mean me?'

A tall man appears from the darkness behind Nayeon. He has a mask on and a vest, showing off the famous dragon tattoo.

Jennie tries to go forward to him but she's pulled back since she's tied down.

'You motherfucker!' Jennie shouts and the man chuckles.

'You're still as aggressive as you were little.' The man says.

'Fuck you!' Jennie shouts. The man approaches her and kicks her in the face. She spits out blood and pants.

'You'll never be able to kill me, nice try though. That bullet nearly hit my heart.' The man says and smirks again. He strokes her face with a sadistic smile.

'It's a shame such a pretty face is going to die soon.' The man says but she spits in his face. His smirk disappears and soon replaced with a deadly look.

'I'll fucking kill you!' Jennie shouts as he backs away. He takes the shovel from his men.

'My name is Park Jinyoung, remember that.'

After that, he hits her in the head with the shovel, causing her to black out yet again.