twelve

'Do you get an unlimited supply of tomatoes?'

'Do you get all them ladies?'

'Do you have beer in the capital?'

Seonghwa is bombarded by questions at the dinner table. He chuckles at the silly questions from the boys.

'Yah are you guys dumb?' Yeosang says and the boys scratch their heads.

Jennie sits in her usual seat next to Mingi and Wooyoung with her legs on the table, arms crossed and eyes closed. She's uninterested as they're discussing about helping Seonghwa.

'I bet the ladies in the capital are fine as hell.' Wooyoung says with a creepy smirk. San hits his head.

'Yah you're so creepy no wonder you're still single.' San says and Wooyoung pouts.

'I'm popular with the ladies you know.' Wooyoung says and Mingi starts laughing.

'You? You always end up scaring them away!' Mingi exclaims and Wooyoung throws a potato at him, over Jennie who's sitting between them, unfazed as her eyes are still closed.

'Stop fighting you two.' Hongjoong sighs as he's used to this scene.

'Don't mess with Jongho's tomatoes.' San says and the two sees the muscular guy staring at them, ready to attack if they threw the tomatoes.

Seonghwa chuckles seeing them fight.

'The day you were attacked, what actually happened?' Hongjoong asks the prince. He thinks for a bit, before speaking.

'It was night time, but we weren't asleep then. I had around 5 guards with me. We saw a ship approaching and when they got near they started jumping onto our ship, clearly after me.' Seonghwa explains.

'What was their ship like?' Yeosang asks.

'It was large, around the size of this ship. They had at least 25 people with them. One of them is the boss.' Seonghwa says as he tries to recall the night he was attacked.

'You managed to survive even you were that outnumbered?'

'Well I was severely hurt still.' Seonghwa says and holds onto his shoulder that's not completely healed yet.

'Who managed to do that?' San asks curiously.

'Their boss. He managed to push me into the ocean after slashing me. If I recall correctly, he had a dragon tattoo on his arm.'

Jennie suddenly opens her eyes hearing that. She takes her legs her the table abruptly, knocking Wooyoung's beer into his lap.

'Yah-'

'Say that again.' Jennie says as she hits the table while standing up. They're all startled by her sudden outburst.

'I said he pushed me into the waters-'

Jennie rushes to the male and pulls his collar.

'The last part, he has a what tattoo?!' Jennie shouts and the others are now alarmed.

'Yah Jen let him go.' Hongjoong says as he goes to them, trying to calm her down.

'He has a dragon tattoo on his arm.' Seonghwa says as he's startled, but remains calm as he always is. He has a confused yet surprised expression on his face.

Her face has now turned red with anger.

'How big was it? All over his arm?' Jennie asks as she's still grabbing onto his collar. Seonghwa nods as he's flustered by the distance of their faces, a little too close for his comfort.

Jennie's expression turns into disbelief as she finally releases the prince, she steps back a few steps, her hand on her forehead as memories flood back.

She falls onto the ground as she loses strength to stand up, but she doesn't care. Everything is making her want to scream and jump into the ocean.

'Jen...' San says and kneels next to her, patting her back trying to calm her down as she's hyperventilating.

Seonghwa looks to Hongjoong in guilt, not knowing his words would affect her this much.

'What's wrong with her?' Wooyoung asks with concern.

'Breathe Jen.' San says as he pats her back to soothe her, and she tries to breathe properly.

Seonghwa frowns seeing her like this. He leans down and checks on her as San comforts her. He reaches out to hold her hand, patting her head softly.

'It's okay...' Seonghwa says to calm her down.

Her breathing slowly becomes regular.

'I'll do it.' Jennie says as she catches her breath.

'What?'

Jennie looks at him with determined eyes, ones filled with all sorts of emotions. Anger, sadness, hatred, and excitement.

'I'll fucking help you.'