twenty four

'Fuck it hurts so much.'

'Who told you to get stabbed then!' Seonghwa exclaims as he's been so worried about the girl while she was unconscious.

Now that she's awake, she's back to being mean and loud, which is music to Seonghwa's ears.

'What? I'm not going to let you get stabbed, you're a prince! If you did then I'd be beheaded for not protecting you.' Jennie says and throws her pillow at him, but wincing as her wound hurts.

'Yah won't you just stay still? You'll rip your wound open.' Seonghwa says and pushes the girl back so she's lying against the bed.

He takes the bowl of rice porridge and blows on it, before handing the bowl to her, knowing she'd throw the bowl at him if he fed her.

'Wow this is good, your kitchen staff really is no joke.' Jennie says and eats happily. Seonghwa smiles seeing her enjoy her meal.

'I made it.'

Jennie looks at the guy with a raised eyebrow.

'No you didn't.' Jennie says and keeps eating.

'Yes I did. I used to make this for my mum when she was ill, so I'm good at it.' Seonghwa says and crosses his arms proudly.

'What a nice son.' Jennie says.

A few knocks on the door catches their attention, and Yunho comes in after Jennie tells him to come in.

'Oh Yunho.'

'Thank you for saving your highness!' Yunho says and bows down to the girl, who nearly chokes on her food seeing the guard being so obedient.

'Yah you startled her.' Seonghwa says and pats her back, giving her water as she coughs.

'I'm sorry for doubting your intentions before, I owe you my life for saving your highness.' Yunho says and keeps his head down.

'Just get up, you're making me uncomfortable.' Jennie says and Yunho does so.

'It isn't your fault okay, stop blaming yourself.' Seonghwa says to the tall guard.

'I wasn't keeping watch of you, so I was unable to do my job, so it is my fault.' Yunho says sternly.

'If you're sorry you can help me do stuff while I can't.' Jennie says and takes out her notebook in her drawer.

'Yes, I'll do everything I can.' Yunho says obediently.

Jennie writes down a name on the notebook before tearing it out to give to Yunho.

'I recognise that guy who watched us. I was trying to remember where I had seen him and just now I remembered. His name is Kim Seungri, he owns the strip club near Jin's bar. Go question him, if he doesn't talk, make sure to threaten him with money, he's obsessed with it.'

'I'll go right now.' Yunho says and leaves right away with determination. He feels like he owes Jennie too much.

'How do you know about him?' Seonghwa asks curiously.

'I know all the well know faces of those people, I stole from them after all, probably why he was glaring at us.' Jennie says and Seonghwa sighs.

'Just how many more people have you pissed off?' Seonghwa says and the girl just grins.

'Too many.'

Jennie finishes the last bit of her meal and sighs in relief.

'That was nice.' Jennie says and Seonghwa chuckles.

'You were hungry huh?' The guy says with a smile.

'Uh you think when I was unconscious I could've gone and have a secret snack or something?' Jennie says sarcastically.

'Ok you're completely fine, you're even roasting me now.'

The door suddenly bursts open, with Wooyoung stumbling in drunkenly and San running to the girl.

'Yah you scared us!' San says and hugs the girl tightly. She chuckles seeing the nervous boy.

'I'm alright, it's just a little stab.' Jennie says.

'You lost so much blood you idiot!' Mingi says and tries not to cry. She chuckles seeing him struggling.

'I'm fine okay. I feel fine.' Jennie says.

'You are for the time being, you need to rest in bed until it heals.' Yeosang says seriously and she nods.

'Okay mum.'

'I mean it Jen. You always run away when you're wounded.' Yeosang says and Jennie chuckles.

'I won't okay. I feel like I'm being scolded by my mum.' Jennie says and Yeosang narrows his eyes at her.

'Can I speak with Jennie alone?' Hongjoong says and the rest look to him in surprise.

'It's nothing, I just need to ask her something.'

'Sure, we'll wait downstairs.' Seonghwa says and drags the troublemakers away, leaving the two in the room.

'What's up?' Jennie asks. Hongjoong goes near the girl and takes out a button.

'I saw the guy in the navy suit talk with someone in a room, but I couldn't see their face. When they left I found this on the ground.' Hongjoong explains and shows her the button.

'It'll be hard to tell who it belongs to though.'

Hongjoong sighs.

'I asked around, and this button looks like those buttons on the royalty's attires. They're made different with high quality material.'

Jennie feels uneasy about this whole situation.

'The queen didn't have any buttons on her dress, so...'

'It must be the king or the second prince who's behind everything.' Hongjoong says.

'Don't tell anyone about this yet, I have a bad feeling about this.'