𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕥𝕙

More days had passed and Nagisa finally had enough. He felt horrible and quite lonely. He spent most of his time at home devising a way to run away.

The boy had finally figured it all out and was commited to be out of his house by the end of the day.

It was already three in the afternoon when he started to stuff his backpack with extra clothes. He also packed a few other things like his toothbrush, his saved up money and extra hairpins and ties.

Nagisa looked around his room and one thing catches his eye. His hand reaches towards the cat plush as he smiles to himself. He places the plushie in the bag and zips it closed.

He puts on his backpack and takes one of his other hairpins. He also takes his school bag and slings it onto his shoulder.

He then began to pick his door's lock since his can only be locked from the outside, courtesy of his mother. The door opened and he quietly stepped out the door then walked to his mother's room. She was asleep at the time, taking her daily nap.

He silently opens the door and walks his way over to his mother's nightstand. He glances at his sleeping mother then back at the drawer. He takes the key on top of said nightstand and proceeded to unlock the drawer.

Nagisa took his phone and rushed out of the room, unconsciously slamming the door shut. He jogged to the front door as he quickly dialed someone he knew would help him.

"Hello? Kayano-chan?"
.
.
"Yeah um... Can I stay at your place for a while?"
.
.
".. I-I'll explain it later"
.
.
"Thanks... It means a lot"

He ends the call and opens the front door. Before he could even step out he hears footsteps walking towards him.

"NAGISA SHIOTA YOU ARE GOING NOWHERE!"
Nagisa freezes at the sound but then continues walking, not listening to his mother's arguments.

"NAGISA! BE A GOOD DAUGHTER AND GET BACK HERE!"
She continued shouting. The woman didn't give a damn if she woke their neighbours up or not.

The boy snapped.

Nagisa turned around and glared at his 'mother'.

"Im leaving now ma'am. I am not your daughter nor am I your son anymore"
He hissed then stormed away.

...

"Hey... Thanks for agreeing to this"
Nagisa mumbled in a tired tone as he stepped inside Kayano's house.

"Sorry for intruding"

He says, following Kayano to their living room. Nagisa sat on the couch while Kayano went to the kitchen to get him a drink.

"So what exactly happened Nagisa-kun?"
The girl questions as she walks back to Nagisa and hands him a cold glass of apple juice.

"I ran away from my 'home'..."
He replied, gulping down the refreshing taste of apple.

Kayano blankly stared for a while, trying to find the words to answer.
"Oh..." was all she managed to say.

"M-May I ask why?"
She questions.

"... After the incident, I went home with a lot of bruises and a wound... She grounded me and didn't let me leave my room.... just like before..."
Nagisa mumbles the last part, staring at his drink.

"T-That's horrible... A-At least you're ok now right?"
Kayano stutters, genuinely concerned for the boy's mental and physical wellbeing.

"Yeah..."
He mutters while placing the glass on the coffee table.

"And um... Can you not tell anyone at class about this? Especially Karma.."
Nagisa requests, causing the girl to tilt her head in confusion.

"What about Karma-kun?"
She questioned. Nagisa diverts his eyes from her questioning gaze as he blurts out, a red hue dusting his cheeks.

"W-Well... Im not so sure but, he might like me. I-I mean- I just got curious why he always wanted to hangout with me and all that so I figured j-just what if? I-Im n-not trying to get ahead of myself or anything like that"

'Oh no he's onto us... Rio-chan, I know we talked about not telling him anything but... ugh she'll kill me when she finds out!'

Kayano internally panics, screaming in her head. She was about to say something but got cut of by Nagisa.

"I mean, he even got my old plushie back... I don't know what he's trying to do but... n-nevermind"

"Plushie?"
She questions. Nagisa pulled out his cat plushie from his bag and showed it to her.

"It's the one my father gave me, before he... well, before he left. I never saw him since. I was so happy when I got it because it had a blue collar. Everything I had at the time were either pink or purple..."

He explained, a sorrowful smile on his face. "I see... But what do you mean 'got it back'?" Kayano asks to which Nagisa softly chuckles.

"I lost it one day. I found it weeks ago in an arcade claw game. No idea how it got there. I tried getting it but I failed in the end. Apparently Karma went back the next day to get it"

He answers with a small smile.

"... N-Nagisa-kun... I-I didn't want to tell you this b-but... um.."

"Hm?"
Nagisa mumbles.

"We-Well... Rio-chan and Karma-kun were playing matchmaker... f-for the both of us. S-So she made him hangout with you a lot to find out what you like and stuff like that...."
Her voice got quieter by the second.

"O-Oh... Thanks for telling me.... i guess..."

The bluenette made his way to the bathroom, the cat plushie in hand. It was like something pierced his heart and shredded it to pieces.

He locked the bathroom door and sat on the floor. He felt soulless.

He didn't like how he got ahead of himself. He didn't like how Karma was just spending time with him just to tease the boy in the end with his friend. He hated how none of the time they spent together was because Karma actually gave a shit about him.

He was confused and pissed at Karma but most importantly, himself. Why was he so angry? Since when was this such a big deal to him?

The answer hit him like a truck to the face.

He liked his best friend.

It wasn't Karma who had a crush on him but him who has a crush on Karma.

Confusing? To him, it is.

Nagisa had only realized it now. Why he'd blush and smile at the redhead's weird antics. Why he'd have a million butterflies, squirming around in his stomach. Or why he always felt safe around the boy, calm and at peace.

It all just clicked together.

He let out a soft, yet forced, laugh as he smiles to himself with glossy eyes. He looked at the black cat he was holding and hugged it tightly.

'Still falling for his antics... Damn'