Chapter 30: A Cry For Help

Recap: Ellis becomes king. Tristan poisoned the former king.

"Hey Tristan," (Y/n) yelled running up to the red-haired boy. Tristan turned his head and gave her a lazy smile. But all (Y/n) could focus on his disheveled appearance. He looked awful.

"Man, you look like you haven't slept in days. Are you alright?" (Y/n) asked.

Tristan laughed. "What can I say, I haven't had time to sleep being the most attractive man in at the castle," he joked.

(Y/n) chuckled. "Okay, okay." Her face dropped. "Hey, I need to talk to you privately."

Tristan nodded. "I know a place."

He began walking away. (Y/n) followed. They made their way to an empty hallway.

"What do you need?" he asked.

"I need you to help me leave the castle."

Tristan's eyes widened. "Damn. Soon?"

"Yeah, It's urgent."

Tristan scratched his neck. "I mean I guess. What happened though--if you don't mind telling me."

(Y/n) nodded and leaned in a bit. "Well, I think that someone framed my friend Myrrine for killing the king."

Tristan's breath stopped.

"killing the king?"

(Y/n) failed to notice his discomfort. "Yeah, do you think you can help us?"

"Yeah... do you want me to talk to Liam?"

"We don't have time. We need to leave as soon as possible."

Tristan nodded his head in understanding. "How about we meet back here tomorrow at midnight. I'll figure something out."

(Y/n) sighed in relief. "That's perfect. Thank you so much!"

"No problem."

"I'll see you then," she waved. Tristan watched the (h/c) haired girl disappear around the corner. As soon as she was gone, he ran a hand through his hair. He would be okay. She didn't know what he'd done.

After composing himself, he decided to head back to his station. He walked out of the empty hallway, unaware that it was, in fact, not empty at all.

-------------------------------------------------------

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary as Tristan guarded the entrance to the castle. That was, until two guard grabbed him.

"Hey! What's going on?" he yelled. He struggled in their hold, which only caused their grips to tighten.

Tristan kicked one of the guards in the stomach, causing him to let go. He ripped his other arm from the other guard's grip and took off running. He turned the corner, but felt himself ripped backwards. His body collided with the ground. A loud 'thump' was heard as his head hit the floor. His vision spun, and he felt himself being moved. Then, he was out.

Tristan's eyes fluttered open. He groaned from the pain in his head. His hand went to feel his forehead, but something held it back. Tristan's eyes widened as he saw the shackles around his wrists.

"What the hell?" he said aloud.

A voice cleared their throat. Tristan looked up.

"Prince Roman?" he asked in confusion.

Roman walked towards the male. He raised his arm, and backhanded Tristan. The former guard's body lurched rattling the chains around his wrists.

Roman finally spoke up, his words laced with malice. "How dare you try to take her away from me. You're not worthy of (Y/n)," he spit. "not a wretched person like you."