Chapter 13: Late Night Dining

Recap: (Y/n) is attacked by the guard from the trip to the castle. He tries to take advantage of her, but is stopped by Tristan. Tristan discovers that the girl he saved is (Y/n) and he gives her the letter from Liam. The letter says that Liam wants to sneak (Y/n) out of the castle (Y/n) tells Tristan to tell Liam that she is fine, and she will tell him if/when she wants to leave.

As (Y/n) expected, when she entered the maid quarters all attention was on her--or rather on the bruises forming around her neck. It wasn't uncommon for a castle worker to come back with an injury or two; accidents did happen after all. However, the marks on (Y/n)'s skin were clearly more than a mere accident. She looked like death, and she felt like it too.

"Oh my god (Y/n) are you okay?" Samantha asked rushing over to the girl. (Y/n) nodded her head and sighed. She didn't speak. She was too afraid of what her voice might sound like. Samantha led the (h/C) haired girl past the group of whispering maids to her bed.

"Hey just get some sleep," Samantha said. "You look like shit." (Y/n) would have laughed in any other circumstance, but she settled on a small smile instead. (Y/n) curled up her aching body and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) sat up with a groan. There were a few women left in the room. The others, no doubt had already gone to the kitchen to eat. (Y/n) frowned when she noticed that both Samantha and Myrrine were already gone. She got out of bed and trudged to the bathroom. She went over to the sink first, picking up a washcloth. With a gentle wiping motion, she cleaned her face and neck. The person she saw in the mirror almost didn't look like her. (Y/n) noticed that she had gained a little bit of weight. But the thing that really caught her attention were the new marks along her body. (Y/n)'s hands reached up to her neck and traced the blue and purple bruises.

The events of the previous night came rushing in her head. The sensation brought a wave of nausea over the her. She paused a moment before leaving the maid quarters. Breakfast was the last thing on (Y/n) needed, so she dragged her feet to the library. She could use a distraction, and what better than her brown haired friend.

-----------------------------------------------------

As soon as (Y/n) entered the library she was met with a friendly wave from Leo. The brown haired prince stood up from his seat and made his way towards the girl.

"(Y/n)!" he yelled out with a bright smile. However his expression soured when he caught a glimpse of the marks around her neck. His eyes were suddenly wide and angry. He grabbed her shoulders, the pressure causing the (h/c) haired girl to flinch.

"What happened? Who did this!?" he yelled. (Y/n) was startled by his loud outburst. It was a sharp contrast to his usual calm and quiet attitude.

"Oh umm I just had a run in with some guy at the ball. It's really not that big of a deal," (Y/n) replied. She didn't want to tell her friend that she had been assaulted. Besides, her excuse wasn't a complete lie. 

Leo's eyes scanned the female's face looking for any sign of dishonesty. He nodded his head, seemingly satisfied with her explanation. His hands, however stayed glued to her shoulders. (Y/n) noticed this.

"Could you let go. It kind of hurts."

Leo loosened his grip on her but didn't let go completely. (Y/n) was going to say something, but she was pulled into a tight hug. Leo's arms moved to wrap around the girl's frame.

"You scared me (Y/n). I...I don't know what I would do if something happened to you. I won't ever let anything bad happen to you again," he whispered in her ear. (Y/n) shivered. There was something off about his tone, something that made her uneasy. She shrugged the feeling away. It was just because she was still in shock. Leo was kind. She shouldn't have any reason to be scared of him...right?