C H A P T E R O N E

Start from the beginning

-

"You coming to the game, Dad?" I asked from the phone as I lifted the weights, biting my lip as I felt my muscles ache from the amount of reps I've done.

"Now why would I miss your last first game huh?" I chuckled softly while adjusting my airpods to hear him better. "Your mother and your siblings are coming too, we're all flying down tonight and we'll see you in the morning."

I set the bar down and set up, wiping my forehead as I looked out at the other players who were all getting ready for tomorrow's game. "Cool cool.. how's everyone?"

"Your mom's good, started going to church every Sunday again so that means we all have been going to church again." I cracked a smile before raising up and moving over to the leg press. "Your sister is starting to act like you mother, Jayden's getting ready for his season as well. USC and UCLA have both sent him letters now."

"He got a big head yet?" I questioned with a chuckle, knowing my ego was off of the damn charts when I was in high school. First female on the football team and a valedictorian? I mean.. not much has changed but I like to say my ego had went down. At least a little bit.

"Oh you know he does. They call him the damn Mack so yeah, he think he's the man." I shook my head softly as I pushed against the leg press for the remainder of the talk. "But yeah, I'll talk to you more before the game."

"For sure, nice talking with you Pops."

I could hear his smile as he replied. "You too, Y/n." After we hung up, I raised off of the bench and walked outside to catch a breather as my music started to play through my airpods and who decided to walk past the weight room just as I walked out?

I watched as she held her track spikes in one hand as she drank out of her water bottle with the other. My eyes shamelessly raked down her body that was clad in a gray Howard tshirt and small ass spandex shorts. Remember? Museum. Looky, no touchy. As she lowered the bottle, she looked over at me and tilted her head. "Hello?" She said sassily and I smirked, raising my hands and holding the the top of the doorframe as I looked her down again.

"Why you acting so rude?" She rolled her and strutted up to me. "You wasn't rude last night.."

"Oh you mean when you told me no for your girlfriend?" I smiled softly as she leaned next to me while giving me a look. "You're one of those huh? Girlfriend gone, you switch up?"

"I ain't switching nothing, Tati. I'm just trying to say hi." She hummed sarcastically before coming in front of me, her hands resting on my ribcage.

"Okay.. hi." I looked over her shoulder and saw no one around so I looked back down, not moving when she leaned up and pressed her lips to mine. "Is this hi?" I dropped one hand and rested it on her waist. I mean.. some museums allow you to interact with the art, right? I spun us around the wall and pressed her against it, my hands now gripping her small waist as she pressed up against me, our tongues intertwining with ease.

"Y/ln." I pulled back with a smack, rubbing my bottom lip when I saw my coach standing at the door with his arms crossed. "You want to start tomorrow's game, correct?"

"Yes sir." I said and backed away from Tatiana, noting his small nod towards the room so, without looking back, I walked into the room again and saw the rest of the players all watching. They then 'oohed' as if I was in trouble like some little kids. "Shut the fuck up." I laughed out before sitting down on the bench and watching coach walked in.

"Alright listen up." He clapped making everyone shut up. "We play Georgia State tomorrow so I need you guys to be ready for that defense. They are like big ass cinder blocks, we all saw the film." I nodded to myself. I truly had to rely on my speed tomorrow because if not, I would end up on my ass a whole lot. "So no partying tonight. Rest up, stay in and relax those muscles." I looked over at Dante as he groaned lowly but coach heard and glanced at him. "Dante one party is not going to end your life."