Chapter Three

I was shaken awake by firm hands. My eyes still burned from the smoke before. I forced them open but it was bright. Then I remembered what happened before I blacked out. I jolt up, "That IDIOT! What the hell was he thinking blasting me away like that!?" I looked around and noticed I was surrounded by heroes. The person who shook me awake was Akira. I winced knowing what was about to come. Akira knocked me upside the head and screamed, "Who's the idiot!? Do you have any idea how much danger you put yourself in!? I was so worried!" I went to defend myself, "Those kids needed-" She cut me off in a bitter tone, "You're only 14 Nozomi. You leave that to the pros." I started to get angry, "Are you kidding!? That blonde-" I stopped as soon as I realized and my anger diminished into worry, "Where is he? Is he okay? Did he make it?" I look around frantically. Akira grabbed my face, she was still irritated, "Stop, you need to rest. The kids are fine. Worry about yourself for once." I relaxed but murmured, "What happened?" She sat up straight and crossed her arms, "After you passed out, a young boy flew in to save the blonde." My eyes widened, "What?" She scoffs, "He was just as reckless as you were. Luckily, All Might appeared and saved the day." She then swung an arm, gesturing to the heroes behind her, "These fine gentlemen saved you from the wreckage." I looked at the variety of heroes. They all must have thought this was their cue and they began scolding me for my irresponsible behavior. I cringed and bowed my head, "I'm sorry!"

After taking the scolding, Akira helped me stand up. She studied me up and down, "We need to talk but we can't here, so let's find your things and start heading home." I grimace, knowing full well what that meant. She's going to grill me with questions and ground me. I follow her sullenly when I hear another boy's voice, "Wait. Wait! Miss-" I didn't recognize it so I turned around. A boy with messy dark green hair shoved towards me the bag of groceries I had purchased earlier, before the fight. Nervous, he looks down, "I believe these belong to you!" Startled, I took them carefully from his hands. I look inside. My phone, sadly cracked, laid on top of the pile of groceries. I could even see my wallet and Akira's debit card. I brought my gaze back up to meet his shy eyes. I spoke softly, "Thank you, I don't even know your na-" He stammered out, "I-I-Izuku Midoriya!" The name rang in my head. I murmured under my breath, "Midoriya." He continued, still stuttering, "Y-yeah. You can call me Izuku i-if you'd like. I just wanted to thank you for saving Ka-chan earlier. I'm not sure what would have happened if you hadn't been there. I heard you worked like a true hero to move people off the street and encouraged safe evacuation. You probably saved a lot of lives. Th-thank you." I smiled, his rambling was nice to hear after a long day. I took his hands, "Thank you, I needed to hear that." His face flushed red and his stutter worsened, "I-i-i-it w-w-was n-nothing." I giggled, "Can I have your number? I'd like to stay in touch!" His eyes widened in surprise, "R-really?" I nodded my head, "Yeah!" He slowly pulled his phone out and handed it to me. I punched in my contact info and handed it back to him, "My name is Nozomi! Don't be a stranger, okay? I've gotta go but let's talk soon!"

I turned back to Akira and I noticed she was a bit away, so I jogged to catch up to her. I felt bad that I didn't give him a proper goodbye but I couldn't stall the punishment that was about to come. As soon as I caught up I panted, "S-sorry about that-" Akira swiftly wrapped an arm around my head and started rubbing her fist into my skull. In a googly tone, she mocked, "Ooo~ look at you making friends!" I flailed around, trying to get her off me, "He gave me my stuff so we didn't have to look for it! I don't even know him! Now, GET OFF ME!" She laughed and let me go, "Look at you getting all feisty." I huff, "What was that even for?" She nabbed the bag of groceries I was holding, completely ignoring my question. She whined, "Aaawe, it looks like my ice cream melted!" I irritably snag them back, "I seriously don't understand your personality changes. It's just ice cream. If we put it in the freezer at home, it will be fine. Now let's go." I started walking home and I could hear her follow in tow. It was silent for a bit which made me a little anxious. I rummaged through the bag of groceries before pulling out the receipt and Akira's debit card. I handed them to her and mumbled, "Here you go." Surprised, she took them out of my hands, "Thank you Nozomi." I rubbed the back of my head, "No problem." We started nearing our apartment.