part 7: heartbeat

*Jimins P.O.V*

Sleepy, I looked around and slowly sat up. The sunlight played with different colours and brightened the room. I turned to Yoongi, who lay motionless in bed, his pale face covered by an oxygen mask. The anesthesia machine was beeping slowly but everything seemed to be stable.

 The silence made me sad.

 I just wanted to hear Yoongi's voice. How he softly said my name. I want to entrust all my problems and sadness to Yoongi. Tell him everything that's bothering me... What saddens me is him... I'm still trying to process everything. I'm still trying to take it all in and understand it. But every time I look at Yoongi, my head is empty... I feel numb. 

I was deep in thought when I suddenly noticed that the machine's beeping was slowing down.

 It became slower and slower. Nervous and in shock I looked around the room. After a few seconds I took aim at a red button next to the bed and immediately knew what purpose the button had. I pressed it hastily while tears gathered in my face and my heart began to race.

 I looked at the machine and could see how the pulse went from 30 to 28. 25... 21...18.. 13..

I could feel my heart breaking. The tears were rolling down my face one by one and I felt a lump in my throat... it was getting hard to breathe. My body started to shiver a little...I was about to reach for Yoongi when suddenly someone grabbed me by the shoulders from behind and dragged me out.

 My vision was blurry and my eyes were burning. As I slowly turned around, I saw Taehyung who was now tugging at my wrist and pulling me out of the room with watery eyes, while doctors rushed into the room and asked us to go home. 

Taehyung pulled me along the corridor and with every step it became more difficult to breathe. 

No..Yoongi..D-Don't do that.. Please no... I-I need you... You're the only thing that makes me happy... you're my happiness... Please don't go... Please stay...

..You are my heartbeat.