Resentment| 7 pt.1

Start from the beginning

"You going somewhere, mamas?" Aliana asked as she rubbed her belly, this would be her last day until her doctor said it was okay for her to come back.

"Yeah, I need to meet with someone, make sure the party goes well. Hopefully, I'll be back before it even starts." Yun hugged Aliana and kissed her forehead before gently rubbing her belly. Today was the day of the tattoo party for the clients and unbeknownst to Aliana, a party for her maternity leave.

Aliana nodded before she walked into the breakroom where her favorite snacks were. As Yun stepped into the foyer where the main entrance was everyone was working hard and diligent. Kehlani stops Yun at the door before she can leave, and the hopeful look on Kehlani's face worry's Yun.

"Hey, Yu, it's been a little minute since we last talked..."Kehlani muttered as a blush took over her lighter skin tone.

"Yeah, sorry, we've all been a little busy," Her words were directed around the core people in the shop she worked with. Yun just found that she connected more with Nalani, Sania, Matthew, and Honey, so she didn't think anything of it when she just naturally gravitated towards them.

Kehlani caught on to who Yun was talking about, "Yeah, so yall had breakfast but didn't invite everyone."

"Don't take it personal, love, I just feel closer to them. They're just my people's, even if one of them is pissing me off." Yun didn't mean to say the last line out loud but it just came out. She didn't want to admit it, but Sania's judgment meant the world to her for some reason.

"You don't feel closer to the rest of us, to me?" Kehlani felt some type of way, which was to be expected but Yun didn't understand the emotion behind her words.

"Kehlani, I think you're blowing this out of proportion, but I have to go so lets talk later." Yun leaned forward and kissed Kehlani's forehead, it wasn't meant romantically, it was just how Yun communicated.

Before Kehlani could blow that too out of proportion, Yun headed out the door already pulling out her keys.
~•~
"Mecca?" Yun called out as she saw unruly, gravity-defying curls.

She turned her head at the sound of her name, "Yun, what I tell you about calling me that, your family so act like it

She turned her head at the sound of her name, "Yun, what I tell you about calling me that, your family so act like it."

Yun engulfed her into a hug as she smiled, "whatever, Ima call you what I want Aalia Imani Simmons...don't be stressin me."

"Don't get fucked up out her saying my government name, I ought to whoop ya ass...second, I haven't seen you in six years, so ima stress you all I want to make up for the lost time." Aalia had met Yun when she was just sixteen but the last time they talked was when Yun was seventeen, a few days before Yun was taken to jail.

"Come talk to me oldhead," As Aalia and Yun kept walking they could hear the yells of the protestors. It was all becoming very real, and some people could block it out, but Yun could not especially with her being with Aalia.