I still have hope that one day our relationship will get better, and will grow to something we cherish. Yet everyday her actions threaten to destroy that small hope that small dream I have. Grabbing my bag I lock my truck and check the mailbox, grabbing the few random letters that have appeared. Walking inside I am greeted by a pouting Major, he is not happy that I am home late from school. I just laugh and give him a lot of scratching. "Wanna go for another walk and then some playtime?" Hearing his happy barking I chuckle, dropping my bag in the living room I grab Major's harness and leash and walk outside.

As we walk down the neighborhood I look around and get another sense for the area, while it is cold it still seems homely and welcoming. Even though it's a lot colder here than in Cali, I like it. The snow is fun to play in, the cold gives me an excuse to want to have a fireplace. To turn it on and read by it, to cuddle on cold nights. I don't even know how long our walk was before we finally made our way back to the house. Pulling off his harness and hanging it up I watch as he makes his way towards the kitchen for a drink before our playtime.

I follow his lead and grab a drink of water before making my way outside with him, making sure to grab my training gear. I want to work with him, refreshing what he already knows before going inside. Getting him to do a trick and then throwing the ball or frisbee before he brings it back to do another trick. I only manage to stay outside in the cold with him for half an hour or so before heading back inside. Taking a shower I go through my routine, pulling out my contacts, removing the limited amount of makeup, jewelry.

After my shower I put in my leave-in repair stuff and put it up into a messy bun. I dress in some fuzzy pj pants and a run of the mill cami. I really don't care at this point, I put on my glasses thankful for not having to wear my contacts any longer. Not many people know that I have glasses, to be fair it's not like I made an effort to share that pointless fact with anyone. Going into the kitchen I hunt for something to make for dinner. It's sad that I love to cook, and play around in the kitchen, yet I only cook for myself.

Looking over my ingredients I chose to just make a thing of baked chicken nachos. I get all of the fixings out, beans, corn, peppers, chicken, guacamole, salsa, sour cream and some cilantro. Fixing it all up I put it into the oven letting it get all warm and melty. I grab some fresh lime to throw on top to add some freshness to the meal. Grabbing my bag, food and drink I head up to my room to start the ton of homework. Sitting at my desk I grab my headphones and put one in, turning on a random playlist.

Pulling out my school work I start working taking brief breaks to eat my dinner and then getting back to my school work. Starting on my Chemistry homework it doesn't take long to finish in reality, I just had to get over the 'I don't want to'. The music helps keep me on track of actually doing my homework, although it still seems to take forever. Getting half way through my Calculus homework I stand up carrying my things to the kitchen to clean them. I let Major out and do the dishes. Staring out the window I wonder what my mom is up to, where she.

I then remember what she asked, although I can't remember her sending me a list. I'll give her a call, try and talk to her. With that thought in my mind I grab my phone and call her. Letting Major in I listen as it rings, and rings, and rings. On the last ring she finally answers. "Did something happen Raelynn?"

"Well no, I wanted to call and check up." I feel myself waiver, I was confident until she asked that. And yet my answer sounds like I am a scared little girl unsure of herself. On the inside that's exactly what I am.

"Oh, did you ever get my bags packed?" She completely ignores what I just said, diverting back to our conversation earlier.

"No, I never got a list of what to pack."

"I thought I sent that. I'll send it again, listen, I have to go for a business meeting." Before she can hang up I hear a woman's voice in the background asking if she was ready to go to the party. I pull the phone away from my head feeling down. She lied to me about the business meeting, it hurts a lot. And yet I want to be shocked that she would do that, then I remember that she's done it before. Recently all that she has done is lie to me, why does it continue to hurt even if I know it's coming?

I should just start expecting the pain when I'm dealing with her. When are you no longer considered an optimist in a situation like this, and you just become stupid for wishing that someone will stop hurting you? I feel a tear fall down my cheek, sighing I start walking up the stairs. My phone dings and I look down, seeing the long list of things I'm supposed to pack for my mother. I send her back and I love you and I'll see you when you get home with a heart. Going to her room I just start packing, the temptation to look around overcomes me once more.

I hate this feeling I finish packing and then I leave shutting the door. Getting to my room, I checked my phone seeing she didn't respond but she read it. Closing my phone I sit back at my desk not caring that tears are falling down my cheeks as I work through the rest of my homework. The distraction numbs my awareness to the pain, giving me a reprieve to the heartache she always leaves me. It takes longer to finish up as I keep pausing to stare off at the wall.

By the time I finish I am tired, my head hurts, my heart hurts. Climbing into my bed I shut off my lights, staring at the ceiling, I listened to the silence of the house. An eerie feeling creeps over me as the empty atmosphere goes from just lonely to something that holds the scariest monsters. I hate the nights I spend alone. My imagination takes over, fighting to send fear striking down my spine.

It sucks to say that it almost always happens. My nightmare's are no longer playing in my sleep, they get replayed in my memories. What if's surface that plague my nights with unease.