Chapter 19 - Dreams

"Kris! What took you so long?" Toriel looked more concerned than mad.

Kris sighed with relief. "I just wanted to go for a little walk."

"Hmm. Be careful. Next time, try not to be thirty minutes late."

"Yes mom." 

As Kris walked towards the stairs, he looked into the kitchen and saw Toriel had gotten fast food. It smelled of burgers. Kris walked up to his room and jumped into bed. He checked his phone for a text from Susie. He didn't have any notifications. Kris grew a little bored, but he knew now wasn't the time to sleep. He started to twiddle his thumbs a little. Wonder when she's coming... Probably soon enough. Kris got up from his bed and went downstairs. 

"Hey mom, what's for dinner?"

"I bought some burgers for us to share. I had some fries already, the rest are on the counter."

"Alright. Thanks."

Kris sat down at the table and began eating his burger. Something tastes funny. I don't think it's the burger. Kris slowly chewed his food with a nasty expression on his face. Maybe it is?

"Is something wrong Kris?" Toriel asked.

"No. The burger tastes funny. It's nothing bad."

"Hmm. Well, I'm sorry Kris. I can make something else if you want."

"No, It's fine." Kris's phone buzzed. He reached straight for his pocket and put his phone on the table. "Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you, but Susie's coming over to sign an agreement."

"For?"

"She wants to live here."

Toriel turned to Kris, and was she shocked. "What?! Kris, you never told me. She can't just live with us!"

"Why not??" 

"Because, Kris. Why didn't you tell me!"

"Mom. She doesn't have anyone else."

Toriel dropped her pissed expression and looked down. She sighed. "I know." She looked back at Kris. "Is she coming?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. She can stay... just be respectful."

"Well of course I will." He grew confused. "Why wouldn't I?"

Suddenly...

Thud Thud Thud

Toriel walked over to the door and opened it. "Ah. Why, hello Officer Undyne. And hello Susie. Come in!" She gestured for them to come in. 

Undyne waved at Kris. "Hey Kris!" He waved back. "Okay." Undyne shifted her attention to Toriel and began talking to her about the whole situation. Susie slowly made her way through the door and looked at Kris. She smiled, and he returned it. Kris pulled out a chair for her. She noticed, and went to go sit next to Kris, moving her hair out of her face as she walked. 

"Hey Kris."

"Hey. How's the new house situation going?"

"Fine. It's pretty shitty. I don't even get real food. How's the situation looking for you? Am I allowed to... you know... live here?"

"I'm pretty sure you can. I did some..." Kris looked at his mother across the room. "...convincing. So, I think it'll happen."

"Awesome. Thank you, Kris. This is great."

"No problem." He smiled. Kris looked down at his burger, then held it in front of Susie. "You can have some." 

"Are you sure?"