Chapter 41 - Pizza Time

"Gotta say, I'm pretty confused. But I'm still enjoying it. Are you Kris?"

"Yeah. It's really good. But you're right, it is a little confusing."

"Glad I'm not the only one." She turned to Kris. "You look so awake now... and tired, at the same time."

"I'm just into the movie, that's all."

"Are you scared?" Susie asked jokingly.

Kris snickered. "I mean, it's mostly just the suspense."

"Heh. Yeah, I getcha. I love the suspense in movies. You're lucky you feel it more than I do."

"Yeah. I guess I do." Kris reached for the bowl of popcorn. "I don't understand why they can't see each other.

"Are they in another world? Or maybe a different dimension?"

"Hm. I think they're dead. It could be purgatory."

Susie slowly nodded. "Smart."

About an hour later...

"Hey, Kris. Do you want to watch the other Silent Hill after this one? Kris?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Sure."

"I don't even know why I asked that." Susie laughed. "You're going to bed after this."

"We're going to bed." Kris corrected her.

"I will, I will." She ruffled Kris's greasy hair. "Don't worry. But we're showering first."

Kris looked down and thought to himself for a couple of seconds. "Agreed."

They finished watching the end of the movie, and Kris put the rest of the popcorn into a container. They both got a drink of water, then went upstairs to find clothes. Once he got to his drawer, he randomly took out what seemed comfortable: A plain white shirt and some boxers. He smiled at Susie, who was sitting on her bed. She was scrolling through Instagram, waiting for Kris to shower. Kris walked downstairs and into the bathroom. He dumped his clothes on the floor and got undressed. He enjoyed standing in the warm shower so much. He remembered Susie was waiting for him, so he made sure to hurry up. After he left the bathroom, he saw Susie coming down the stairs.

"I was just about to knock." She said.

"My bad."

"Ha. It's okay. Go to bed, I'll be up there soon."

Kris nodded and walked up the stairs. He felt super refreshed and tired at the same time. He got to his bed and fell onto it. He didn't even bother getting under the covers. He felt just as comfortable without it. He fluffed his pillow and let out a huge sigh. His pillow felt a little damp, probably from his messy, poorly dried hair.

I wonder why Susie even likes me. Kris started exaggerating certain scenarios in his head. Not anything heartbreaking or terrible, but just interesting scenarios. He looked at the time. Wow, it's late. Kris wanted to fall asleep, but he also really wanted to wait for Susie. Just as he thought about that, he felt heavy footsteps approach the room.

Creak.

Susie slowly opened the door in an attempt to not wake Kris. "Hey, Susie."

"Oh, why are you still awake."

"I dunno. Just couldn't sleep."

"Fair. Let's try to get good sleep, okay?"

"Of course."

Susie slowly walked over to her bed and made sure to smile at Kris before laying down. "Hey, Kris?"

"Yeah?"