Chapter 8: You'll Be My Back Up

Hehe...I hope you guys like what I did with thes last two chapter titles. They are interconnected so I just connected the titles too. The title is also the title of episode 417. Hopefully you'll get. This chapter goes over episode 417 and my own added scenes.

The team stopped at a meadow as far away from the enemy ninja as possible. "We've come this far. We should be safe." Kakashi spoke a bit out of breath as Ahsoka scanned the area for any shinobi chakra signs.

She turned to Kakashi, "All clear." He nodded.

"What about Obito?" Rin asked breathlessly, turning to look at Kakashi.

"Sensei is with him. I'm sure they are fine." The boy assured her.

Rin nodded and Ahsoka raised a curious eyebrow at the slight blush on the brunette's face.

One of the shinobi they were escorting approached the team, "Thank you. I must hand it to the Yellow Flash's team. Thanks to you, the secret missive will be delivered safely."

Kakashi looked down at the floor , "Don't mention it. Unfortunately one man had to be sacrificed."

"We are very sorry." Ahsoka bowed her head in shame.

"That could not be helped." The man spoke with a tone of sadness.

The four were so preoccupied they didn't notice the other two men smirking, "However...he won't be..."

"...the only sacrifice." The men finished each other's sentences as they pulled out their kunai's and slashed their comrade's back faster than any of them could react.

"What the-?!" The three genin stared in shock and horror at the scene as the body fell at their feet.

"What's going on?" Rin's soft voice held a slight tremble.

The man got up onto his arms and turned around with wide eyes to look behind at the traitors despite the pain, "S-So you're...the traitors!"

The genin gasped and stared at the two men still standing.

"Since you were so focused on completing the mission, you made our mission easy." One of the men directed his words at Kakashi, who looked at them in horror, "You just narrowed our search for the scroll as soon as you let that idiot fall to his death." He grinned at the man in the floor before giving him a hard kick.

The man cried out in pain. Rin launched forwards to help him with an outraged yell, but she was stopped as Ahsoka grabbed at her, pulling her back.

The man gave a sharp laugh before continuing, "He didn't seem to concerned when his comrade fell. That can only mean one thing...the scroll is safe and sound with him."

"Just wait until Minato- sensei gets here!" Rin yelled.

The other man chuckled, "Even someone like the Yellow Flash can't span this distance quickly." The two traitors got into battle stances with killing intentions, wicked smirks on their faces, "Sorry, but you're going to have to die too."

Kakashi tsked as he and Ahsoka got into battle stances, a kunai in each of their hands. Rin's anger suddenly turned into fear as she took a step away. "No way... they actually want to kill us." She pulled out a kunai nonetheless.

The two shinobi rushed at them and Kakashi stood in front of the girls, "Rin, Ahsoka, get out of here."

"But..!" Rin started to protest as Ahsoka cut her off.

"I'm staying. Rin, you should listen to him."

"You're going to get in my way!" Kakashi protested impatiently.

Shattered  |Kakashi x OC|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara