Chapter 21: Night Falling

Just FYI, the Anbu have two uniforms, their mission one and their more casual one which kinda looks like an apron honestly. If you don't remember the second one just look up Kakashi's Anbu outfits, it'll probably appear.

When they wear their casual one they actually wear their headbands while in their mission one they wear their masks.
(In case that helps you picture things :3)

Months later

"Lord Hokage, regarding the issue that you were concerned about...We have seen little psychological trauma in either of them associated to Rin and Obito's deaths." A bird masked Anbu spoke, standing at attention in front of Minato as the latter read the report just handed to him.

"Is something on your mind?" The captain asked, seeing the frown on the Minato's face.

The blond merely shook his head, placing the papers down with a sigh, "No..."

"It's only been a short while since they transferred into the Anbu..." The captain continued, "but their performance is quite astonishing. I believe Ahsoka and Kakashi have been a great addition to our ranks."

Minato's frown deepened, "Is that so...I suppose that's good." His glance to side only served to confuse the Anbu captain even more.

People chatted in the crowded streets as Kakashi passed by, his hand in his pockets and his onyx eye staring ahead lazily, paying no mind to his surroundings...and if he was, he didn't seem to care too much about it.

Up ahead, waiting as he always seemed to be was Guy, raising his hand up high with a huge smile as soon as he spotted his rival, "Hey! How've you been?!"

Kakashi walked past him, not even sparing him a glance.

Guy whipped his head around, shoulders dropping as he glared at Kakashi's back before mumbling, "Are you ignoring me?" Obviously taking offense to the treatment.

But Kakashi didn't care. He kept on going. Not stopping until he reached the quiet place he had longed for, the place where he knew he would be far, far away from pitiful looks and fake smiles trying to cheer him up.

The wind moved his hair gently as he sat, knees close to his chest, overlooking the vast scenery of the Hidden Leaf Village down below from where he was perched a top the Third Hokage's Stone Head.

His uncovered eye watched the leaves move through the breeze. Twirling high over the buildings and the people going about their business.

It all looked so...serene, so peaceful...as if the war had never happened. As if lives were never lost. But they had.

Would people remember them? The sacrifices made to protect this village?

Probably not. They'll just remain as names carved in stone. It was a macabre thought...one that plague the silver haired boy often...but it was the truth.

"There you are." Kakashi braced himself as he whipped his head around at the sound of the familiar voice— effectively snapping him out of his thoughts— spotting an equally familiar head of auburn hair.

"Enjoying the morning air?" Ahsoka inquired playfully, her own ponytail moving in the wind. She was wearing her casual Anbu uniform, matching with Kakashi himself. Her amber eyes scanned Kakashi idly as the corners of her mouth lifted ever so slightly, walking on the stone head towards him.

"I was..." Kakashi drawled as a matter a factly as the auburnette sat down to his left, his eye quickly spotting something in her hands.

Ahsoka glanced down at it, fidgeting with the two apples before offering one to Kakashi, her eyes going straight to his, "Want one?"