Chapter 13: Mountain Haze

VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you guys have read Chapter 11: Kusanagi. This was a 'must not miss chapter' since a lot of things that happened there are actually important for the future. You'll also be confused in the next few chapters if you haven't read it.

(It's the one where Ahsoka gets her sword Kusanagi: Which made a short appearance last chapter) Just make sure sure you've read it! (Despite it's mostly goofy nature, that chapter is very important to the rest of the story...like REALLY important in many ways which will make sense in the future) - Everything in that chapter was written for a reason....

Rain fell down from the gray skies above the cemetery blocking most of Ahsoka's surrounding as she stood silently in front of the marble plate on the ground. Her face was turned to the skies, eyes shadowed by her hair that stuck to her face with the heavy rain.

'Nande,' The usual easy smile that played on her lips was gone, replaced by a hard line, 'Nande...' The heavy rain continued to pour as Kakashi strained his eyes to focus on Ahsoka's silhouette through the mist from where he stood a ways away from her.

Ahsoka continued to look up at the sky, unseeing, 'Why is it that every time things look like they are going to be okay, something goes wrong?'

Three weeks ago

Minato wore a serious expression as the rest of Team Minato ran behind him in their white cloaks adored with two red stripes billowing behind them. Minato's eyes darted from side to side as his feet hit the gravel soundlessly with each footstep.

"How many?" He didn't even have to glance back for Ahsoka to know he was speaking to her.

"About twenty Kumogakure chunin one mile South just ahead. Two more squads with seven jonin each are heading towards us from the North East and North West respectively, sensei." Ahsoka reported back. Her voice firm as she focused on the enemy ninja's chakra signatures.

Kakashi grimaced as Rin and Obito glanced at each other nervously. Minato's eyes narrowed, "They are trying to surround us using a sensor shinobi to follow our position, correct?"

Ahsoka gave a firm nod, "Yes, sir."

Minato closed his eyes in thought as he weighed the options. The rest of team watched him from behind, silently waiting for his response as they tried to stay composed. The cold air bit at their skins as the shinobi held their white cloaks tighter. Winter was fast approaching and the usual cold of the Kumogakure border was not helping Team Minato on their current mission.

Kumo and Konoha had met in the battle field multiple times. The more noticeable battles leaving disasters and heavy casualties for both sides. The Legendary Minato Namikaze being one of the shinobi that had fought there multiple times. However this was the first time the entirety of Team Minato was sent on a mission, a scouting mission, all the way to the hostile border.

The blonde's eyes snapped open as he turned his head towards his subordinates,"Listen up! Here is the plan..."

The two genin and two chunin ran South bound completely on edge. Ahsoka kept her senses activated, making sure to conceal their own chakra from the enemy as her team followed.

"How far ahead?" asked Kakashi.

"A quarter of a mile." Ahsoka responded as her eyes narrowed, "Get ready." Her teammates nodded seriously before Obito pouted.

"God damn it. I wanted to face the jonin..." The rest turned their heads to him with deadpanned looks.

Obito blinked, "What?! It would be much more interesting than facing a bunch of chunin." He scoffed.