Chapter 20: Shadows of the Anbu

I have no idea which shoulder the Anbu tattoos go....I heard that men have it on the left and women on the right but I'm not sure so I gave them both on their left. :3

The cool shade of the tree provided some shelter from the sun for the silver haired Hatake who sat leaning against its bark. He looked up, lost in thought with birds chirping over head, filling the training ground with the gentle noise.

Kakashi tore his eye away from the moving leaves and turned to his right hand, holding it up. His desolate eye staring at it emptily.

"Kakashi, you shouldn't use that jutsu anymore," Minato's words echoed in his head. The memory of the first time he ever used that jutsu resurfacing.

"From what I could see, your focused, concentrated attack undoubtedly has power and speed...But it makes you move too fast to be able to ascertain your opponent's counterattack...It's still and imperfect jutsu."

Kakashi stood up, leaving the cool shade of the tree and stepping out into the sunlight, 'Those were Minato sensei's words back then...' He thought to himself, bringing his left hand to his headband, 'Obito...' He lifted it, revealing a blood red eye.

He could almost hear them, Obito's final words, telling him to take the Sharingan, telling him that he was a great jonin...Something Kakashi very much doubted now.

Obito had given Kakashi this gift in hopes it would help him protect the ones around him...and he failed.

  With that fact haunting his mind, Kakashi brought his hands together, '...When Chidori and Sharingan became one...it became a complete jutsu.'

He gritted his teeth, 'But... that jutsu took Rin's life.'

Kakashi quickly made the hand signs, ones he had not done for moths, "Chidori!"

Lightning crackled in his right hand , painting his face and surroundings in a blue hue as his eyes stared down at it. Focused soley on the light...and on the memories that came with it.

A sickening crunch, the scared face of a long time friend, and his hand through her chest.

"Kch!" Kakashi let out a hiss as the lightning disappeared from his hands. He couldn't do it. He just couldn't.

A figure landed on the ground, making Kakashi drop his empty hand immediately.

"So this is where you've been!" Guy half-shouted as he stood up from his crouched landing. His green chunin vest clinging to the rest of his green outfit.

The bushy browed teen stepped closer, "You have a mission. You've been summoned immediately."

Kakashi stayed silent.

Guy blinked, waiting for a response, his eyes widening as he realized he wouldn't get one, not when the silver haired teen refused to look at him, his sharp gaze trained on the grass.

Guy gulped.

A knock at the door of the Hokage office made Minato look up, "Enter." Kakashi walked in, closing the door behind him.

The office was just the same as always. The walls were the same, the flooring was the same, the desk looked the same...the only difference was the blonde with a large, white, heavy sleeved and collared cloak sitting in a large blue chair, the view of the village he was now in charge of behind him.

"There's a mission?" Kakashi asked, making his way to stand in front of the desk.

"Hai," Minato nodded, standing up from his seat, "I want you to retrieve the documents related to the peace treaty."