Suspicion And Chocolate

Start from the beginning

"I guess I did tell you to help yourselves," she eyed the chocolaty-snack in his hands - but that doesn't mean you just ransack my chocolate stash.

She glared at Cross, who was stuffing her chocolate into his mouth and glaring at her with a daring expression that clearly said: "Please, come and try to take it from me."

"You can keep them," she finally said, deciding to not make his life a bigger hell than it already was - and his daring look changed to one of surprise.

I suppose I can live without chocolate for a while, at least until I can get more and hide it in my room.

"What do you mean let me?" he returned back to glaring at her again.

"It's exactly what it means." she subtly looked around at his room: it was the same as Ink's but even more dust was collected here and this room was a used-to-be storage room.

She could clearly see the area where Cross was going to sleep: a dusty couch with a blanket and pillow set on it.

Tomorrow's going to one hell of a cleaning day.

"Is there anything that you wanted to say or are you just going to continue to stand there ominously."

"Just checking out your room to see what kind of cleaning it needs to go through."

"You live in this house, wouldn't you know what kind of cleaning it needs?" Cross pointed out which made her heart momentarily paused; she hasn't exactly done much cleaning ever since Zane and Noah had been gone.

"I don't exactly clean parts of the house that are of no use to me," she waved her hand at the dusty room, "as you can clearly see."

"Then why would you have a room like this in the first place?" Cross practically demanded.

"I don't believe I need to explain anything to you."

"You don't need to be defensive about it." Cross raised his hands.

She scoffed, "I have every right to be defensive because you clearly don't know a thing about boundaries."

Cross scoffed this time and looked about ready to argue but a metallic and low hiss voiced itself from behind her.

Don't waste your time.

She nodded her head and turned around to leave.

"What did the snake say?" Cross asked her, and she could hear the fear in his voice - probably from questioning if he was going to die or not. She could practically hear the wheels turning in his head, fast and panicked.

"To not waste my time." Cross made an indignant sound between a choke and a scoff behind her.

"Bye." she waved her hand and left down the hallway, Exco slithering ahead in front of her, peeking around the corners of each door that were left open.

"What are you doing?" Exco turned its head around, stopping its mission.

Exco answered her question with a sharp-hiss, it was quick and snappy, as if its motives were clear.

Can't trust them.

"I know I can't but that still doesn't explain why you're slinking around like a creep."

Exco shook its head with a frustrated hiss and slithered away, leaving Y/n's question half-unanswered; she knew why Exco was slinking around but it never explained.

You can't just say "I don't trust them" and continue to slink around without explaining more but Exco will be Exco.

Now it's time to find Classic, who she can only assume is in his room - if he's not there then she'll have no clue.