45. The First Meet - 2

PREVIOUSLY IN JILY RETURNS

Harry then turned to the Slytherins. "Blaise," he called the Italian fifth-year looked up at him. "How would you define a Gryffindor?"

________________________________________

Blaise thought for a moment and answered "They're reckless. They don't act with a plan and rush into situations without thinking. They're bullies and think they're better than everyone else." Some of the Gryffindors looked ready to curse him where he stood, but Harry stopped them. "Thank you for your honesty," he said and turned to the Ravenclaws.

"Rebecca," he called to the fourth year. "What do you think defines a Hufflepuff?" Harry knew that she wasn't quite fond of the badgers. "They're a far too trusting lot. They believe that everything is sunshine and rainbows; and are naïve and gullible." Harry nodded and turned to the Hufflepuff house.

He asked someone whom he had gotten to know quite well recently. "Susan, would you define a Ravenclaw?" Susan was one of the few people who understood what Harry was trying to do. She partly answered what she thought and what her house thought. "They have no imagination and they only believe what's written in books. If it can't be proven, it's not real to them."

Now, moving on to two individuals as he knew that the tension was getting pretty high, Harry asked Clare, a sixth-year Ravenclaw. "Clare, what do you think about Daphne?"

Clare had known Daphne most of her life. It was only the house rivalries that kept them apart for so long. "Daphne's one of the nicest people I know. She's always willing to help you if you need it, and is fiercely loyal to her friends." The Slytherins nodded at this assessment. "Sounds like a Hufflepuff trait, right?" he asked, and saw a few people's eyes light up in realisation.

He then turned to Ron. "Ron, could you tell us something about Ernie?" Ron contemplated a little before answering. "He seems very ambitious. It's not a bad thing at all. But it's clear that he knows what he wants and is willing to anything to get there."

A Slytherin trait, may be?" Harry asked, and most of them caught into the trap Harry laid out for them. But he wasn't done yet. "Hannah, could you tell us something about Hermione?"

The Hufflepuff nodded and answered "She's the smartest witch of our year. she doesn't pick fights, and prefers to use her brain, instead." Harry smiled this time as he was getting through to them. "Kind of like a Ravenclaw. Cho, would you mind telling us something about Luna, please?"

Cho smiled back at him and answered "Luna is a wonderful person. She has a great imagination, and believes in a lot of things that no one else doesn't. She's also brutally honest and will tell you what she thinks." Harry nodded. "So, she has a Gryffindor trait."

________________________________________

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER