Chapter 42 - Dumpster dive

Start from the beginning

"Come on get out the way!" You help guide people through the debris and out the way. More and more damage was done as another ray of purple shot through a building making its structure collapse. As the building rumbled Wanda used her powers to keep the structure up as people down below evacuated.

"A little help here?!" Wanda shouts from under the falling building. Loki was quick to rush to help, using his magic he manipulated enough force to keep the building up.

"Stark, are there any people in there?" Friday runs a scan through the building.

"A few, Parker, L/n, I need you to deal with them," giving a nod Peter grabs your waist and swings you both up to the nearest open window. You heard a mans yell for help, Peter heard too since you both sprinted to the collapsing living room. A man held his young son in his arms.

"Peter, I need you to get these two out of here now," Peter nods and quickly evacuated the two. Running out into the main hall you run down the first floor to see if anyone was around. "Tony, where are the people?!"

"Second floor, third apartment!" Sprinting up the rubble filled stairs you look down the hall and kick open the fourth apartment door. A small girls cry was heard from the closest bedroom. Pushing open the door you see the girl hiding under her bed.

"Hey, come here, I'm here to help," she quickly ran into your arms, picking her up you ask Tony where the next person was.

"Top floor, three signatures, Peter got two other people from the third floor,"

"Peter! I need you to help me out here," climbing the stairs with the little girl still crying into your shoulder you look for the three people left. You see them at the end of the hall yelling for help through the sealed window. Quickly running over you place the girl down and take out your gun, shooting the glass you move away any shards sticking out. "Open window, east side, four people," soon Spidey was at the window and helping people out, you were quick to jump down the fire escape and land on the ground.

"Timmy!" A woman runs to your side. "My son, he's still up there!" Nodding your head you get Peter to give you a boost.

"Y/n! Where are you going?!"

"Still one person left! Stark, your help would be useful right now!" Tony turns around in the air and tells you the location of the boy. "Timmy?! Running into the apartment you look around and yell the boys name.

"I'm over here!" Running into the living room you see a small boy huddled up under the dining table. "Y/n?" You quickly run to the boy and pick him up.

"Do I know you?"

"It's me, Timmy from Halloween!" You grin and run out into the hall with him.

"It's great to see you, Timmy," going to the fire escape a large chunk of ceiling falls down and traps you. "Dammit," looking around you see another window. "Why did they think locking the windows would be a good idea?! Timmy, close your ears," the boy does as told as you shoot the lock and open the window. Pushing you both through you stand on the ledge of the wall, it was a long drop into an alleyway.

"Are we going to die?" Timmy asks with a scared face.

"No, no of course not, we..." you spot a dumpster in the alley. "We are going to play a game,"

"How do we play?" The boy looks into your e/c eyes with hints of fear.

"Well, you count to three and on three we fly! It'll be fun," Timmy hesitantly nods. "1..." you look down at the dumpster. "2..." Timmy clings tighter to you as you say the last number. "3!" You jump off the building hoping for a soft landing, holding the boy tight you put yourself under to stop him from getting hurt. As you feel yourself hit the pile you see the building collapse completely.

"That was fun!" Timmy shouted.

"But let's not do it again, ok?" He nods as you help him out the trash. "Ew you stink," the boy holds your hand as you both walk out the alley.

"No, you smell even worse!" He laughs with you as you enter the Main Street where people were being arrested and weapons being confiscated by SHIELD.

"Timmy!" The boys mother runs up to him and hugs him tight as the team quickly runs to you, Loki getting to you first. He gives you a tight hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"I smell like trash, you know?" He chuckles and shrugs.

"I don't care," pulling back the team gives you pats on the back as you bend down to Timmys height.

"Hey, Timmy, come over here," the boy runs over to you with a smile. "Can you promise me something?"

"Sure! What do you want me to promise?"

"Make sure you're always as brave as you were today, ok?" The boy nods. "Pinky promise?" The boy giggles and links his pinky with yours. As you wave the boy and his mother goodbye the press was quick to bombard everyone with questions.

"Mr Stark! What has happened here today?"

"Sir! Who are these people?"

"Sir, is this Loki Laufeyson? As in from the battle of New York in 2012?"

"Mr Stark, are these new members of the Avengers?"

"Do these people live in the tower with you?" Tony looks to the crowd and sighs.

"All will be addressed in a future press conference, dates will be emailed to all news sources by Miss Potts, thank you," the reporters continued to yell out questions as you all enter the quinjet and set off. "Hey, Science bro, how was the battle for you?" Tony and Bruce talked while everyone sat down and caught their breath.

"Good job, green and gold," you nudge Loki's side as he chuckles. You lean on his shoulder as Tony tells everyone that Stark relief foundation is on the scene and that a press conference will be held tomorrow.

~~~

Look! It's more Cevans! 🥺🥺🥺

- 🅱️nna ❤️