Babies and Presents

"Little baby Goodman." Jonny said.

"Hello, little one." I looked down at our daughter. I smiled at Jonny. The nurse smiled at us and broke the silence.

"Have you got a name?" She said.

"Yeah, Nellie Jackie Goodman." I answered. We had decided we wanted Jonny's grandmother's name, and I suggested Jackie's name because she has been like a mother to me.

*** later ***
"Aw, hello, darling! How are you?" Jackie said quietly as she entered.

"I'm good, thank you. Do you want to meet your new granddaughter?" I asked.

"It's a girl?" Jackie's eyes lit up.

"Congratulations, you two." Martin said as he hugged Jonny. Adam walked through the door.

"Sorry I'm late." He said as he put the flowers on the table. "Is that my niece?" Adam asked.

"No, it's a random baby." Jonny joked.

"Oh, haha." Adam said sarcastically.

"What's her name?" Jackie asked. I gave her Nellie to hold. Jackie cradled her in her arms.

"Nellie Jackie Goodman." Me and Jonny said it at the same time. Jackie looked at us with tears in her eyes.

"You gave her mine and grandmother's name?" She choked.

"I wanted her to have names of people who have really helped and inspired us." Jonny held my hand.

"You're a dad, Jonny." Adam reminded him.

"I know. It's crazy, to be honest." Jonny zoned out.

"Jonny. Jonny?" I said as he snapped back. I chuckled and looked back at Jackie.

*** even later ***

"Hello, all!" Jim said.

"Jim, how on earth have you got in here?" Jonny asked.

"I had a present. So I walked in." Jim said casually.

"How did you know we were in here?" I asked.

"I didn't." Jim answered. He must've walked in about ten different rooms. He walked over to me and gave me a bag.

"Thanks, Jim?" I didn't know how to respond. I looked in and saw a bunch of baby stuff. There was clothes and bottles and a bunch of baby necessities. "Oh my god, thank you Jim!" I repeated with more enthusiasm.

"That's nice of you, Jim." Jackie said. Jim turned around and stared at Jackie.

"It is? Oh, it is. Is that the- the creature?" Jim whispered.

"Yeah, Jim, it's the creature." Jonny replied.

"Oh, I'd better- go. Goodbye all." He ran out the room. We all laughed. I tried to yawn discreetly, but everyone noticed.

"I think we should go too." Jackie smiled. "Let you rest. It's not like you'll be getting much rest soon." She chuckled as Martin and Adam walked out the room. Jonny put Nellie in her cot and sat down in the chair as I fell asleep.

A/N: Hi, sorry this is so short, but I didn't want it to be so long. Hope you enjoyed!