Marriage and Illnesses {part two}

*** in the living room ***.

I opened the door and walked through into the living room. I tried to slow down my breathing, but I think only Jackie knew what I was doing.

"Where did you disappear off to?" Jonny asked.

"Oh, polishing my shoes?" I made up. I sat down next to Jonny.

"You don't have to be as stiff as a robot." Adam laughed. Jackie whacked him around the head. I tried to relax a little.

"You alright, dear?" Jackie asked me. I didn't acknowledge it. I was in my own zone. "Esme. Esme?"

"Hmm, yes, hello?" I said, startled.

"Are you alright?" Jackie repeated.

"Fine. I'm-fine." I said.

"Do you need to speak to me outside?" Jackie asked. I nodded.

"Oh, bloody hell, they're off again!" Adam shouted. Once again, Jackie shut the kitchen door after me.

"Did you take it?" Jackie asked. I nodded. "What did it say?" Jackie asked another, more scary question.

We walked back into the living room, and Jackie didn't sit down.

"Esme has something she'd like to tell you all." Jackie said, and got everyone quiet for me.

"What- she is, in fact, pregnant?" Adam joked. Both Adam and Jonny laughed.

"How did you know?" Jackie said. I watched as Adam realised what his mom just said. He looked at Jonny, and so did everyone else.

"Very funny, mom. Seriously, what is it?" I turned to Jonny, and saw as he realised.

"I guess it wasn't an illness." I tried to smile.

"Esme, don't joke. Am I going to be a father?" Jonny said, not giving any hints as to what his reaction will be if I say yes.

"We're going to be parents, Jonny." I smiled. Jonny gasped, and hugged me tight.

"Martin, we're going to be grandparents!" Jackie yelled.

"Congratulations, you two." Adam said.

"Is this too soon? Like, we just got married and it's only been like a week, and we-" I started stressing.

"It's perfect, Esme." Jonny said. He kissed me and I kissed him back.

"I know you made me promise not to cry, but I didn't think this would happen." Jackie told Jonny as she reached for a tissue.

"Feels like only yesterday we were congratulating you on your marriage." Adam said.

"Kids are nightmares." Martin said. Jackie hit him. "Ow! What I meant was, they can be nightmares, but they can also be blessings." Martin rephrased.

"I hope you have a girl. Oh! Will you keep the gender a secret?" Jackie asked.

"Oh, I don't know. I think we have to have a long conversation tonight." I told Jonny.

"I'm going to be a dad." Jonny was still figuring the whole thing out.

"A terrible dad." Adam whispered. Jonny threw a pillow at him. "I just want to say, I was joking earlier. You guys are going to be great parents." Adam smiled.

"Thank you, Adam." Jonny smiled.

"Wait, so is that why you and mom keep on running off?" Jonny asked.

"Oh, thank god. I thought you were trying to get rid of my magazines." Martin sighed.

"You still have those bloody magazines? You know what, we will talk about this later. I don't want to ruin this moment!" Jackie squealed.

"Yes, that's why we kept running off." I said.

"Huh. We'll need to go to the doctors, see when the due date is and everything." Jonny said.

"Yeah, we will."

A/N: Sorry this chapter is short, it's only because it was a continued chapter!