Memories and Crying

I got out my key and unlocked the door.

"Why is so quiet?" I asked Jonny. I put my shoes and coat away, and walked into the house. I couldn't hear anyone. Adam's obviously not here then.

"Maybe they're at a hotel like that time they left you with Gibby." I laughed at my own joke.

"Don't even. That was a traumatising week." Jonny groaned.

"It sounded traumatising." We walked into the kitchen and saw Jackie putting the chicken in the oven.

"Hello. What are you two talking about?" Jackie asked us.

"That time you ran off to a hotel and left me and Adam to deal with Gibby." Jonny explained.

"Oh yeah! Me and your father had such a fun time in that hotel." Jackie laughed. Martin walked in topless.

"What hotel?" Martin asked.

"You know, nippy nippy away from Gibby?" Jackie said and Martin immediately remembered.

"Not a sentence I wanted to hear." Adam said as he walked in.

"Hello, bobble." Jackie said.

"Hi mum." Adam greeted his mom. "Why are you talking about Gibby for?" Adam asked.

"It just came up, I guess." I explained. The doorbell rang and Jackie ran to it. We heard sobs.

"How much do you want to bet it's Val?" Jonny whispered.

"I don't want to bet anything, it's obviously Val." Adam replied as Val came through to the kitchen.

"He's left me! He's not coming back this time. He's gone for good." Val sobbed.

"Oh, darling, it'll be alright." Jackie said.

"Jackie, you don't know what it's like. You've got a husband who actually wants to stay with you!" Val cried out.

"Alright Val, calm down. Boys, go take her into the living room." Jackie said, obviously annoyed.

*** in the living room ***

"That's it, Auntie Val, just sit there." Adam said, trying to pretend to be bothered.

"Will you stay with me?" Val looked at me.

"Oh, uh, Jonny has to stay with me at all times so Jonny, sit down." I smiled.

"Oh Adam, you might as well sit down too." Val said. Adam sat down. Bingo. I wasn't about to sit in here and endure all that myself. "I just don't know what I ever did to deserve this." Val hasn't stopped crying. I checked my phone. Seriously? No messages? I need something to occupy the time!

"Maybe you should try apologising." Adam suggested.

"Me? Apologise? I haven't done anything!" Val got more mad. I just went on random apps. Twitter. That got boring very fast. Instagram, no new posts. Snapchat, no messages. Flappy bird. I don't even know why I have this on- Jonny. He wanted it on both phones so he could vs me. Not right now. My calendar is more interesting. I went on and saw a little note on today. '18 weeks!' I smiled and looked at Jonny. He gave me a confused look and I made it more obvious that I'm showing him something on my phone and I saw as his eyes lit up. "Excuse me? I'm having a crisis over here and you're on your phone? Don't you want me to be happy?" Val started crying even more until she got a phone notification. She immediately started screaming and ran out the front door.

"Well, I guess that's sorted then." Adam said.

*** dinner ***
"Lovely bit of squirrel." I said. I quickly ate my food, and grabbed seconds. Even Martin couldn't keep up with me.

"Slow down. You'll end up having a heart attack or something." Jonny chuckled.

"You leave her alone, Johnathan. Esme, have as much as you want." Jackie smiled. I smiled back at her as I stuffed my mouth full of food.

"Hello, all!" Jim shouted. I got scared and started choking on my food as I swallowed it.

"Water! Water!" I managed to choke out. Jonny passed me my water and I downed it, only to spit it back out as the flavour of the salt water almost made me gag. I tried to calm my breathing down as Jim continued with his random waffle.

"Oh, I'm sorry to scare you but I just saw your window was open, so I'd pop in." Jim smiled. I managed to calm down and finally return my breathing to normal.

"Jim, we're sort of busy." Jackie said.

"There is a lady, who is crying, walking down your drive right now and is very upset. She's seen I'm in the window and is now-"

"Jackie! He left me again!" Val pushed Jim out of the way and cried and she climbed into the room.

"Oh, for goodness sake!" Martin yelled.

A/N: Hi, not very proud of this one. I'm sorry. I hope the next ones will be a lot better.

Friday Night Dinnerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें