Floods and Music

"What's that music?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." Jonny looked confused. We walked in and saw Martin and Jackie dancing. The music was incredibly loud, and I had to cover my ears it was that loud.

"Hello, you two!" Jackie yelled.

"Mom! Turn it down!" Jonny walked over to the radio, and turned it off.

"Aww! You spoil sport!" Jackie moaned. "I was really enjoying that!"

"I wasn't." Jonny smiled.

"What the bloody hell was that sound?" Adam walked in.

"Your mom and dad's radio." I said.

"And we were having so much bloody fun before- oh no!" Jackie ran to the oven and opened it. The timer had ran out god knows how long ago. Smoke filled the kitchen. I coughed as I walked out the room.

"Chinese anyone?" Jonny asked.

*** dinner ***

"I still can't believe you had the music so loud you never heard the oven." Adam laughed.

"Well, we've got lovely Chinese now." Martin said.

"So, Esme. 20 weeks! It's so exciting!" Jackie squealed.

"Mom, are you going to remind us how many weeks it's been every week?" Jonny complained.

"No, I like it. I don't have to keep checking the calendar." I laughed with Jackie.

"I've already wrote it on our calendar!" Jackie laughed.

"Wrote what on the calendar?" Martin asked.

"Esme- never mind." Jackie gave up.

"I'm going to be an Uncle." Adam said, almost happy with himself.

"Well, nah, you're going to be the Auntie aren't you, Pusface?" Jonny laughed as he slapped Adam around the head.

"Boys!" Jackie said. "What's that sound?" It sounded like water. We all walked upstairs, where Jim was standing in front of the bathroom, staring at the door.

"You alright, Jim? How did you get in?" Jackie said.

"The door was unlocked." He didn't take his eyes off the door. We all turned to Adam, who was the last in. He muttered sorry, and looked at Jim.

"Jim, why are you looking at the toilet?" I asked.

"Well, because the door was unlocked I came in, and decided to use the loo." He didn't explain.

"Okay, so why are you looking at the door?" Jonny joined in.

"Because I then decided to run myself a bath." Jim smiled.

"No, Jim, you can't have a bath." Jackie groaned.

"So, you're going to stare at the door instead of the bath?" Adam asked.

"No, I'm going to hide from the water monster." Jim answered.

"What water monster, Jim?" I got frustrated. I felt Jonny's arm rest on my shoulder.

"The one that possessed the shower and is now spilling water everywhere." Jackie went white. We all opened the door, and immediately felt the water soak our socks. Me and Jonny saw the shower had fallen, and was filling the room with water. I tried to walk over to the shower, but ended up slipping and landing on my backside. I laughed as Jonny joined me. Jackie walked through and turned the shower off, but was pulled by Jim, who was trying to 'help'.

"I am soaking." I laughed.

"My lovely carpet!" Jackie moaned.

"I'm going to go Jackie. Well done for defeating the monster." Jim walked out.

"It's going to take me a good ten minutes to get up." I looked at Jonny. I lied down in the water and splashed Jonny's face.

"I'm getting throwbacks to when Jim almost drowned you in the pond." He smiled.

"Still have nightmares about that." I chuckled.

"You're all weird, I'm telling you, I was adopted." Adam walked off.

"Adam, come back!" I yelled.

"What?" He said. I splashed him and soaked all his clothes. "You idiot!" He splashed me back.

"You might as well join us now, bubble." Jackie tried not to smile.

"Oh for crying out loud." Adam sat in the water as we all splashed each other.

"We really are a bunch of kids." Jonny said.

"At least we have fun though." I added.

"You're going to have to grow up soon, Pissface." Adam said.

"I know." Jonny seemed a bit down.

"No, don't stop. Keep on putting salt in water, keep on changing each others ringtones, keep on pranking each other. I don't want this kid to have a boring life. I want it to be a Goodman."

"Seriously, Adam, if you don't choose someone as perfect as Esme to marry, I swear I will have a meltdown at your wedding." Jackie joked.

"Mom, you had a meltdown at our wedding." Jonny said.

"Because it is an emotional day, and your father looked really handsome, and it was lovely seeing you two walk down the aisle together." Jackie said.

"To be honest, I did find it quite nice that you took dad down the aisle." Adam joined in.

"I wanted everything to be perfect, and that was just the cherry on top." I smiled. "Now, can we get out of the water? I've gone cold." We all laughed and started making our way downstairs.