Surprises and more Surprises

"Esme! Jonnyboo!" Jackie exclaimed.

"Hello, mom." Jonny said.

"Hiya, Jackie!" I greeted. I walked in and put my shoes to the side. "Oh, uh, Jackie, I've brought brownies. I know you have probably made your crumble, but I thought you could maybe eat them tomorrow or something." I passed the brownies to Jackie. "It's just to say sorry for- my mother." I looked down. Jonny put his arm around me.

"Don't be silly. You know, I've never wanted a relationship to work out more than now." Jackie chuckled as she took the brownies into the kitchen.

"You hear that, Jonnyboo? Maybe you'll propose to me now." I laughed as we walked through into the living room.

"I love you." Jonny said randomly.

"Oh, I love you too, Jonny. What's up?" I asked.

"I just keep remembering everything you said the other day to your mom." He smiled.

"Don't let it get to your ego." I chuckled.

"Hello bambino. Esme. Jonny, have you seen those brownies in the kitchen. Absolutely delicious." Martin said. "I don't supposed you know where your mother got them from?"

"I baked them, Martin." I interrupted.

"Can you bake more?" Martin asked

"Dad! Baking takes time." Jonny said, looking at me.

"Yes, baking takes time." Adam said as he walked through the door.

"Shut up, Pusface." Jonny moaned.

"Anyways, now that we are all here, I need you to stop mom from going in the fridge in the shed." Martin said.

"I'm guessing we can't go in there either?" Adam asked.

"No. No way." Martin walked out.

"Anyone in for some sneaking around and looking in fridges?" Jonny asked.

"Hell yeah." I said. Jonny jumped up and held out his hand. I took it and laughed as we all sneakily walked out to the shed.

I opened the door, and saw Martin wasn't in there.

"Let's go." We walked over to the fridge, and hesitated.

"What is it's a dead body?" Adam asked. We all stared at the fridge and none of us opened it.

"Oi! Get out of there!" We heard Martin yell. We all quickly ran to the fridge and me and Adam tried opening it at the same time. We managed to open it but I tripped and fell into the fridge in the process.

"What the bloody hell-" Martin yelled as he saw us all in the shed. I looked down and saw a fox. I screamed as I saw the fox, and was pulled out by Jonny.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE A FOX IN YOUR BLOODY FR-" I started screaming but Martin covered my mouth.

"Dad, get your hands off her!" Jonny pulled Martin's hand off.

"I think I'm going to be sick." I felt sick to the stomach and ran outside for air.

"That was horrible." Jonny joined me.

"Dinner!" Jackie yelled.

*** dinner ***

"I know we ask this every week-" Jackie started.

"No, we're not married, we're not expecting and we're not engaged." Jonny listed.

"Shame. You two would make lovely parents."

"Yes, they would, wouldn't they? Kids, for dinner you have salt water and bread." Adam joked.

"Stop it, Adam, they would make lovely parents."

"Well, I would've told you first if we were expecting. I mean, we've slowly been trying but nothing yet." I smiled.

"Yeah, but to have kids, you'd have to get married, right?" Jonny said. That was weird.

"Jonny? What does that mean?" I said. Jonny got up, and got on one knee. Jackie squealed and I lost all my words.

"I thought I should do this in the place we met. Esme, I'm not really sure what people say when they're proposing. I love you, Esme, and I can't imagine my future with anyone else. I can't wait to have kids with you, and I can't wait to be able to call you my wife. That is, if you accept, of course." He chuckled at the end. "Esme Persephone Edwards, will you marry me?" Jonny finally said. I nodded my head, unable to say anything.

"I'm going to have a daughter-in-law!" Jackie said as Jonny put the ring on my finger. He got up and I kissed him.

"I love you." I smiled.

"Congratulations!" Jackie hugged both of us. Adam gave us a slight hug, and Martin shook my hand.

"That was the nicest surprise ever." I smiled.

"You know what's next right?" Jackie said.

"What? Marriage?" Jonny said sarcastically.

"No, stupid. Children!" Jackie said in a sing-song voice. "I'm going to get those special ice creams from the freezer." Jackie ran out.

"Hang on, Martin, aren't the ice creams in the same fridge as the-"

"MARTIN!" Jackie yelled.

"Why do you have a fox anyways?" Jonny asked.

"Because I'm selling it." Martin said as he ran out.

"Normal." Adam added.