Anniversary's and Disasters

"Happy Anniversary!" Me and Jonny greeted Jackie as she opened the door.

"Aww, thank you! What are these? Oh, they're beautiful." Jackie said as I gave her the flowers we had bought.

"What's for dinner?" Jonny asked as we took our shoes and coats off.

"Greedy pig. We're ordering Chinese. I'm not cooking on my anniversary." Jackie said as she walked into the kitchen.

"But we're still having crimble crumble?" Jonny asked.

"Yes, Jonny." Jackie said, a bit impatient.

"Jonny, stop being so greedy." I whispered.

"I'm just hungry." Jonny said as the doorbell rang again.

"That'll be Adam." I said, walking to the door. I opened it to see Jim. "Oh- hi Jim. Listen tonight is kind of special, so we're going to be quite busy for the rest of the night." I smiled.

"Oh, what's so special about tonight? Is it a full moon?" Jim got excited and looked up at the moon.

"I'm not entirely sure Jim, it's Jackie's and Martin's anniversary." I tried to explain.

"You alright, Jim?" Jonny asked.

"Oh no! I forgot! Goodbye!" Jim ran away with Wilson. I looked at Jonny and walked into the kitchen to try and avoid anymore weird things happening. As I walked in, Martin appeared topless, eating crisps using the dip that he had obviously spilt on himself.

"Oh, hello, Esme." Martin said casually. "Where are the bambinos?" He asked me. Jonny walked in with Adam as if on cue.

"Ugh, Dad!" Adam groaned as Martin continued to clean up the dip with crisps.

"Martin, put a bloody shirt on!" Jackie said as she walked in.

"It's bloody boiling, though!" He argued.

"Martin. Shirt. Now." Jackie ordered him as he stormed upstairs.

*** dinner ***

"This is such good duck." I said.

"It's so nice." Jonny added.

"Hello all!" Jim said. He was standing outside, but we had left the window open. Again. We need to stop opening that window.

"Hi Jim." Jackie sighed.

"Happy Anniversary! I got you a gift. But I can't remember where I put it." Jim looked around.

"Jim, we're eating." Adam said.

"Oh, yes, I shall leave you alone." Jim said and pulled the window shut.

"That was a lot easier than expected." I said as I tucked into my duck again.

"So, Adam, what happened to the female?" Martin asked.

"We decided we were better off as friends." Adam replied.

"Oh, sorry bobble." Jackie put her arm on Adam's shoulder.

"I'm not upset about it." Adam sighed as he continued to eat. Jackie's attention was drawn to me.

"Any news from you two? Like- how excited you are?" Jackie grinned.

"I mean, it's close now. 32 weeks. I think at this point I'm more nervous." I said.

"Awe, don't worry. You'll be a great mom." Jackie said. I smiled as I smelt something funny.

"Is something burning?" I asked.

"No, I smell that too." Jonny said. Jackie ran into the kitchen as we continued to eat.

"No, that's not in the kitchen." I said. We looked around to see where the smell was coming from. I tried to stand up to check the hallway, but ended up kicking something over. The carpet went up in flames. Jim had got Jackie a candle, and placed it under the table. We all ran out the dining room as Martin ran to grab a fire extinguisher, which was in the shed.

We ran out the door, and saw as the dining room continued to go up in flames. Adam called the firemen, and Jonny was standing next to me. I saw Martin try and use the fire extinguisher through the window, and saw as he gave up and joined us outside.

"That was really nice duck as well." I said as joke to Jonny as the firemen ran in the house. We were sat on the little wall in Jackie's drive.

"I know. We'll have to have it next week or something." Jonny said. "Are you okay?" He asked me.

"I'm fine. Why are you asking?" I said, confused.

"You said you were nervous. I don't want you to be nervous. You're going to be a great mom." He said. I rested my head on his shoulders.

"Thanks, Jonny. I feel sorry for your mom though, and your dad." I said as I watched the fire calm down. I looked over at Jackie and saw her and Martin doing the same as me and Jonny. That's cute. I looked at Adam, and moved to sit by him. Jonny sat next to me, so I was in the middle.

"What do you want?" Adam said.

"You looked lonely, Pusface. So, I wanted to give you some company." I smiled at him.

"Thanks. I did want to tell you guys earlier, but out of earshot of mom and dad. I've got a new girlfriend. I didn't have an affair or anything, but she's my type and everything. I think I'm going to think about asking her to move in with me. Her name's Lyra. Lyra Wickers." Adam said.

"I'm so happy for you Adam." I congratulated him.

"Well done, Pusface." Jonny added.

"But, even if we've only got each other, I'll be happy with that." Adam said.

"The Trio." We all laughed.