Marriage and Illnesses

A/N: This is the first dinner after the wedding.

"Hello, Mr and Mrs Goodman!" Jackie greeted us. It had been a couple of days since the wedding, which went really well.

"I'm still getting used to it." I smiled as I put my coat and shoes away.

"Awe, you're officially my daughter-in-law now." She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Mom, you promised you wouldn't cry." Jonny said.

"I know, I'm sorry." Jackie ran into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry about my mom, babe." Jonny apologised.

"It's okay. I find it sweet." I smiled. We both kissed each other as the door opened.

"Urgh! Get a room!" Adam said as he opened the door.

"Don't worry, Jonny, he's only jealous." Me and Jonny laughed as we walked into the living room.

"Enjoy the wedding, Pusface?" Jonny asked Adam.

"All jokes aside, it was really nice and I'm glad you two are happy." He smiled.

"Was that Adam being serious?" I asked.

"Haha, very funny." Adam said sarcastically.

"Thank you, Adam." We both said. Martin came through the door, topless.

"Hello, bambinos. Hi, Esme. It's bloody-"

"Boiling?" Me, Jonny and Adam all finished his sentence for him.

"Yeah, that. Jonny, Esme, I've got a wedding present for you." Martin walked out and brought in a painted portrait of me and Jonny. Done by Martin.

"Oh-Martin, it's-" I started, but couldn't finish.

"Rubbish?" Adam whispered.

"Lovely?" I tried to say.

"I painted it myself." Martin said, proud of himself.

"Wow, I would not of been able to tell." Jonny said.

"Oh, and I put a bit of money in your bank account Jonny. Share it with Esme." Jonny looked at his phone.

"£1000, dad? Are you sure?" Jonny asked.

"What?" Adam said.

"What?" I took the phone off him. "Uh, Martin, we can't accept this." I said.

"What? Of course you can. No arguments." Martin argued.

"I've had enough of this." Adam walked out the room and went into the kitchen.

"Wow. Thank you so much, Martin." I said, shocked.

"Dad, I will hug you when you've got a shirt on." Jonny said. Martin just groaned. Adam walked back in with some crisps. They smelt really cheesy, and instantly made me feel sick.

"Excuse me." I ran to the bathroom and heard Jonny following me. I shut the door and locked it. I tried to calm myself down, and managed to smell the bleach Jackie had used before to clean her toilet, which removed the smell of those crisps. It was getting weird now. Multiple smells and foods were making me feel sick.

"Esme? You alright?" I unlocked the door and saw Jonny and Adam. I grabbed Jonny and pulled him into the toilet.

"Oh, great. I'm going." I heard Adam say.

"You alright?" Jonny repeated.

"I'm fine now. Adam's crisps just made me feel nauseous." I explained through a whisper.

"Okay, one. Why are you whispering? Two, Adam's eating your favourite crisps. Have you suddenly taken a disliking to them or something?" Jonny questioned me.

"One, because, you'll see. Two, I know. So, why are they making me feel sick?" I said, hoping he had an answer.

"I don't suppose...?" He tried to suggest. I got it immediately.

"No. I can't be. I can't. No, I must be ill. that's it. I'm ill." I said.

"It wouldn't hurt to take a test." Jonny tried suggesting again.

"No, it wouldn't hurt, because I'm not." He looked at me weirdly. "I'm not pregnant, Jonny." I said sternly. He put his hands up as if to defend himself. We went to walk out the bathroom when I stopped. "You go first and get rid of Adam's crisps. I don't want to be sick."

*** dinner ***

No, no, no. This illness was making me hate potatoes. I've got to shove them down my throat. I can't be sick all over Jackie's table. Maybe if I just separate them, they might just pull an illusion. Jonny leaned over to me.

"You alright?" He whispered. He must of seen me playing with my potatoes.

"Take my potatoes." I whispered back. He looked at me in confusion, and sneakily took my potatoes.

"Jonathan! Why are you taking your wife's potatoes! Greedy pig, put them back." Jackie told him off. Me and Jonny exchanged a look.

"It's fine, Jackie, I'm not hungry." I smiled.

"You don't like them, do you? Oh no, have I done them wrong or something? I can try and make them again?" Jackie got stressed.

"No, Jackie, they taste fine. I'm just not as hungry for potatoes as I used to be. However, you haven't got any tuna, have you?" I asked. I was really craving tuna.

"Tuna?" They all said at the same time.

"Sorry, that was a weird question. I'm just craving it at the moment." Wrong choice of words.

"Craving?" Jackie's face lit up. "Are you-"

"No. She's not." Jonny said. He looked at me, and I weakly smiled.

"Are you sure?" Adam began. "Weird cravings, becoming nauseous at the smell of things you used to love?" Adam raised his eyebrows at me.

"Alright, Pusface. Finished your interrogation?" I said.

"What? Is this true, Esme?" Jackie's face re-lit up.

"It's not not true." I said. I looked at Jonny. "I'm just ill. It will pass." I smiled, even weaker than before. Every time I try to convince myself, I un-convince myself even more.

"Okay, can we stop questioning Esme?" Jonny said.

"I'm taking the plates in, Esme, will you help me?" Jackie asked me. I nodded and grabbed the plates and followed Jackie into the kitchen. She shut the door behind me, excited. "Okay, only if you want to, there is a test upstairs in my room. It's in the second drawer down, under the hairbrush." Jackie said quickly.

"Jackie, why do you have a test?" I asked her.

"To save you money. They are expensive, you know." Jackie said. I thought about it, and ran upstairs.

"Esme, you alright?" Jonny shouted.

"Fine!" I shouted back. I grabbed the test and ran into the toilet.