Chapter 10: Dying light

The nevermore dove straight towards Y/N, knocking him back to the cliffs. He tripped over the edge and fell.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" He screamed as he fell in the chasm.

"Y/N! NO!" Mars yelled hand outstretched to reach his brother.

"Y/N!!!" Ruby cried out, tears forming on her silver eyes.

The rest could only gape in shock at the death of their fellow student, fell into his death.

"YOU BASTARD!!!" Mars shouted, eyes red and firing fire dust at the flying Grimm.

Everyone changed their weapons into guns and fired repeatedly at the Nevermore. It screeched mockingly (at least that's what Mars thought) and avoided most of the projectiles aiming at it.

His only brother just died before his eyes. The only family he had. Just died because a Grimm pushed him over, this will not stand. This cannot stand!

He roared in fury and hate at the Grimm as he jumped off the tower and aimed a fist at its damned beak.

30 seconds ago

Y/N screamed in half-surprise half-shock at his current situation. Not every day you see a giant Grimm push people off cliffs, that requires at least a little amount of intelligence, and from what he remembered Grimm are mindless creatures that were drawn from negativity.

Is it possible that Grimm aren't mindless after all? if so, then that would explain why the kingdoms still haven't fallen under the hands of Salem.

Ah, he's ranting again, isn't he?

Back to his situation, his fall took longer than expected, he didn't know it was that deep. Willing himself to use his skill: Teleport. He instantly went to the deepest pits of the cliff, he could say that he allowed himself to be hit by that Nevermore, the fight would take long, but long enough for him to explore this place.

It was dark and eerie, with unknown black goo splats on some rocks. A while before he sensed something underneath the cliff, that being his reason why he is here.

"Alright, dark and creepy place" He cracked his knuckles. "Let's see what you got"

He wandered through the rocky form underneath the Beacon cliff's with a carefree manner, to someone else this might have been a reckless teenager who doesn't care about being killed by Grimm, but underneath Y/N's fake movement is filled with caution.

Y/N approached a burnt stick on the floor and examined it, the stick's end is charred and burnt, and the wood seemed old.

"Why am I looking at a stick?" He wondered aloud, before reigniting it using his skill: fire control. "Ah, that's why"

He continued to search for anything out of place, looking for every nook and cranny until he saw purple light at the far end.

He wondered what it was and followed the light, and he finally found the source.

A massive hole on the ground radiating purple light and black lightning with cracks forming on the edge.

"How come Ozpin did not notice this?" He wondered, seemingly examining the unknown hole.

"Traces of magic" He whispered. "Okay, how did Ozpin really not notice this?"

Has the Immortal wizard gone senile? No, that wouldn't be possible. Maybe giving the Maidens magic drained him too much, but that just a simple theory. Cracking his neck, he bent his knees and prepared to jump into the hole.