Prologue: It all began

??? location

/-\

"Y/N! Breakfast is ready!" A mature feminine voice called out from downstairs.

"Coming, mom!" A reply coming from a teen who hurriedly change his clothes and hastily ran downstairs.

"Y/N eat your breakfast before it gets cold" A raven-haired woman with shining emerald eyes sternly said.

"Got it" The teen, Y/N, stared at the food on his plate with newfound hunger and started eating vigorously on the food.

"Whoa there, slow down before you choke on your food," A man in his late 30's said with an ardent smile on his face warned.

Y/N swallowed a mouth full of food."I can't help it, mom's cooking is really good"

"That's how your father fell for me in the first place" His mom boasted.

"Hey! I already fell for you as soon as you caught my eye" The man pouted.

"Sure thing, dear" She reached out a kiss which he replied by kissing deeper.

Y/N made a face of disgust, which he supposedly should've seen it coming.

"Hey, mom?" Y/N snapped his fingers to get her attention

"Yes, dear?" She stopped kissing and asked.

"I was hoping I could hang out at Hugh's house for a while, if it's ok that is"

"of course dear, we know how close you and Hugh are, ah, I remember that time when you were still 7 he accidentally spilled green paint all over you, the kids thought you were some green monster or something" She chuckled at the memory.

Y/N became red from embarrassment. "MOOOMM! you promised you wouldn't bring that up again!" He whined.

"Sorry, sorry it was just so amusing to watch" She apologized with a hand on her mouth.

"y' know what, I'm gonna go now," He said as he stood up from the chair and walked to the door.

"take care, Y/N" His Dad called out

"I'm always careful dad" He called back.

Y/N went out and closed the door to their house and pulled out his phone from his pocket, he connected his earphones and listened to Apashe - Dies Irae and texted his friend Hugh.

 'hey dude I'm otw' - Y/N

'K see yu there m8' - Hugh

'Also, mom is baking cookies' - Hugh

'chocolate chip?' - Y/N

'yep' - Hugh

'sweet! see you there' - Y/N

'yu 2 man' - Hugh

Y/N puts his phone in his pocket and continued listening to music, Hugh's house is not far from his, so he decided it's better to walk than spending money on a cab.

Y/N continued walking until he finally saw Hugh's house, it's not bad really, a 2 story house with 2 windows on the 1st floor and painted white and blue, Y/N stepped to the front door, and knocked.

The door opened and Hugh started smiling. "Hey man! what took you so long?"

"haha, great to see you too," Y/N said sarcastically. "I only walked for, like, 7 minutes"

"I was just kidding! come in" Hugh ushered him inside.

He and Hugh have been friends since they were kindergarten, since then, they have been inseparable. They both went inside his house, Y/N has been here before so it wasn't really surprising.