Sidestory and Chapter 6

The night was filled with an eerie silence, the cold, lazy wind causing shivers to your spine. Suddenly, you were engulfed in a black void, the darkness surrounding you...DEVOURING you.

Silence...

All was silent...

You opened your eyes, rubbing them from the blurred vision, you were in some kind of mansion, richly looking items, expensive portraits, and a fireplace in front of you...

???: it seems we meet again

You quickly turned your head to the sound of the voice, sitting on a fabulous red couch, the blue-haired boy stared at you with one eyebrow raised, on his left hand was a glass of reddish wine, and on his right hand, held an old-looking book, the blue cover color faded from the years, torn and ripped in different parts, there were words written in the front cover, but you couldn't see it due to the faded color.

You narrowed your eyes, seeing the boy again is no longer a surprise for you.

???: hmmm, so...your probably wondering, what should I do now? Now that I managed to see you again

You nodded slowly.

???: ...very well, why don't you take a seat

He pointed to a wooden chair, you walked towards it and sat, both of you staring at each other, you with curiosity, and him...with emotionless eyes.

The book in the boy's hand disappeared, replaced with an odd-looking gem with glowing blue color.

???: do you know what this is?

You shook your head.

The boy snorted.

???: no shit

He took a sip of his wine, savoring the taste of the alcohol as it seeped in his mouth.

???: this...this is the last remaining fragment of "his" soul

The boy looked at you, as though he is about to tell you a grave secret...a a secret he never told anyone before.

???: tell me...have you ever heard of magic?

You nodded.

???: they say it is a myth, a legend...sometimes even bullshit...

???: but...you know very well it exists, at least...it used to...

Suddenly, the whole mansion starts to shake, the portraits swinging side to side, the fire died out, the bottles of wine starts to shake, you bolted out of your chair, wondering what was happening, while the boy had an indifferent expression.

???: oh dear, times up I guess

Then, a black portal materialized below you, and you fell in the darkest depths of the void, but you could still hear the boy's voice.

???: I'll see you soon
________________________________________________________________________________

Training is fun (not)