chapter eleven

As our lips pressed together I closed my eyes. His lips were soft like silk to the touch. I pulled away, Alex's eyes opened and he blinked a few times. His cheeks looked warm, they were pink like the roses in his bedroom.

"I'm sorry I-.." I said, my hands beginning to tremble and my stomach tied itself into a huge knot.

Alex cut me off. "It's okay, I.. I didn't mind." He told me, making eye contact with me. "You're shaking." He frowned and put his hand overtop of mine.

"I didn't mean to kiss you." I took my hand away from underneath his, feeling very ashamed of myself.

"Do you regret it..?" Alexanders eyes were full of worry.

"I don't know." I couldn't make myself look at Alexander even if I wanted to.

"Was that your first kiss with a boy?"

I nodded, staying silent.

"It's okay to kiss boys if you're a boy too. You don't have to feel bad about it." His voice sounded mellow and calming.

"Yeah, but Iv'e never even wanted to kiss a boy before you came along. It's just weird."

"Well, new things can be scary, but it's a part of life." His eyes were locked onto me, it was sensible.

I looked at him with an adoring gaze, to which he moved his body weight closer towards me.

"Everything will be okay." He expressed and put his slim, short arms around my torso in attempt to comfort me.

I simpered and put my arms around him as well.

"Does that mean that you like me..?" Alexander muffled and tilted his head slightly to the side when he looked up.

"I guess so.." Heat rose in my face and I fought to keep my nerves calm.

***

I woke up past my alarm that was too quiet for me to hear. My ringer volume was only on two dials.

I had only five minutes to get to school, so I didn't bother rushing myself. I rolled my eyes and threw my sheets off. When I took myself downstairs, I saw that my sister was already driven to school by my Mom, and she probably on her way to work by now, too. I might as well skip today and study a bit for my permit test.

I wandered over to the fridge and saw a slight reflection of myself in the stainless steal metal. My hair was a mess, and I was only wearing boxers, since that was what I slept in every night. I yawned and opened the door of the fridge, taking out a red apple. I took it to the sink and rinsed it off before taking a bite into it.

From, Alexander
'Where are you?'

To, Alexander
'At home. I'm not going to school today.'

I took another bite out of my apple and placed my phone down on my nightstand, same with the apple. I made sure to place it bottom down so that none of the bite marks touched the table. If that happened, I would have thrown it away. I changed myself into a fresh pair of underwear and a t-shirt and walked into my bathroom to fix my bedhead and freshen up my breath. When I walked back into my room, I sat down on my bed and turned on my tv. My phone buzzed, so I picked it up.

From, Alexander
'are you feeling okay?'

To, Alexander
'Yeah I'm good, wanna meet after your piano lesson and go to the park?'

From, Alexander
'sure!! i'll see you at 5!'

The kiss from last night still played in a loop in my head. I had now admitted my feelings for Alexander face to face. If this ends up going further, how am I supposed to hide it from everyone?