30 - The Cosmos Within

Start from the beginning

"What announcement?" I ask.

"Kageyama-kun and Tsukishima-kun are both chosen to attend a training camp, while Hinata-kun isn't," Hitoka answers it for me.

I only nod my head. I get it why. These four are always rivals, and at the same time, teammates. I smile to myself. What an amazing friendship they have. Then I pat Shoyo's hair for multiple times and say, "Cheer up, just train with the other senpais."

"B-But!!" he exclaims, not agreeing to what I've told him. "It's not that training with the senpais is not important, I just want to train in a place filled with strong players!"

Hm . . . He's aiming for something even higher. Some way or another, we are in the same case . . . Looking at a place where we can truly hone our skills.

I lean my back on the backrest, clasping my arms on my chest, and cross my legs. "All right, since you've moved my heart, I'll give you million-worth advice."

"Eh? What? Million-worth advice, you say? What is it? What is it?" Shoyo looks so enthusiastic, his energy has brought back, making his eyes sparkle in delight.

I hear Kei snickering beside me, "Stop sounding so lofty, Your Highness, Hinata is a simpleton idiot."

"Shut up, Tsukki!" Shoyo interjected. "I believe in Raine-chan, just so you know!"

The smile on my face widens, flattered hearing the earnestness in Shoyo's voice. "Well, my mother used to tell me that if they shut the door on you, then break the windows."

"Whooh!! Break the windows? That's so cool!" Shoyo is wide-eyed, amazed, and very zealous upon hearing me.

"I told you, he's a simpleton idiot," Kei mumbles.

I only laugh at how true it is. Figurative words won't stand against him.

"That's what I thought too, honestly, but as time goes by," I say shortly, "I was slowly grasping what was my mother meant. Then it leads me to this philosophy: if there's somebody's telling you that there are rules, break it! That's your only way to move forward."

It seems like Shoyo is moved by the lesson that Mom taught me a few years ago. Not only him, but also the four. They have different ways of thinking, so it's up to them how would they interpret it.

The lunch break is over, the afternoon class is next, and dismissal time. I go to the library after class. Kei is with me, it happens that the way to the library is also the same way to the gym. As for Tadashi, he went first to the gym.

"You seem busy recently," Kei speaks as we're walking on the corridor.

"Of course, I can't laze around when everybody is working so hard."

Kei nods his head. "Just send my regards to your husband."

I grimaced. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, the library."

I snort out, rolling my eyes. "Then say hi to your wife for me."

"What?" I sense him frowning.

"The volleyball." I laugh, teasing him back. "I mean . . ." Then I try to imitate an expression that Kei only can do. "Quote, 'It's just a club.' unquote."

Kei's expression stays blank, except for the brief second of his lips twitching sarcastically. "That's funny."

"Yeah, your tsundereness is funny." I shrug, then a thought suddenly pops on my head. "Tsunkishima . . . TSUNDERESHIMA!!!" I burst out laughing! I don't mind if we're on the corridors, most students are out now.