t h i r t y s e v e n

The days went by, the christmas holidays already started and I already missed school.

Only the thought of being trapped in this house for too long made me feel anxious.

But the last Friday of school was amazing, after my best friends explained to me on Monday, that they will bring their christmas presents to school I was thrilled.

Still I was sad, that I couldn't meet them on Christmas or on Sylvester, but the fact that we exchanged presents made my holidays better.

And we pinky promised to wait till Christmas and open them via video call together.

Jonathan let me buy presents for my friends through the internet as well, so they arrived punctual.

I packed them in pretty paper and I also managed to buy gifts for my brothers.

Jonathan promised not to look in the shopping cart and I believed him.

If he only acts suprised on Christmas eve, I will take away his gift and only give it back to him when he apologizes.

And maybe hugs me.

I thought a lot in what to buy them and even bought a present for their grandfather that will be here on Christmas.

He maybe wasn't the best person on earth, but he was part of this family so it felt right to give him something.

The day after I exchanged the presents with Megan and Anna it was Saturday.

Being able to sleep long enough made my body relaxed. I didn't even had scary thoughts before going to bed.

When I woke up alone in my dull room. It was awfully quiet.

Something was definitely off, I studied around in my room.

The boys should be awake by now, maybe not the twins and Caleb, but the tie older ones were morning people.

Well, when they didn't have work. When I think about it maybe no one of us is a morning person.

First I couldn't see and think about what was wrong, but when I examined my table again I noticed it.

My presents were gone.

The presents that I carefully placed on the table, so I would see them everyday till Christmas.

The presents that made my ears tear up of joy and that I cherished with all my heart.

Anna's beautiful packed green gift was gone, as well as Megan's yellow one, not even the cute pink ribbon was anywhere to be seen.

Somebody stole my presents.

It took a few minutes for my brain to comprehend what I was thinking, but it was too late.

Like a lunatic I dashed out of my room, sprinting down the stairs.

I panicked. I definitely panicked.

"Jonathan!" I cried out loud.

My loud thumbs were heard everywhere around the house as I tried to literally jumb down the stairs. "Jon!" I tried again.

With a paled face I slided into the kitchen, all my brothers sat in there, preparing their breakfast.

That was odd.

Elijah tried to hide a smirk, I saw Xander turn away as he screwed up his face so he wouldn't laugh.

Caleb and Victor like always didn't even had to try, they could control their expressions perfectly.