f o u r

The social worker arrived at 5 pm. It was a woman, she was not young, but I would not call her old either. She looked really strict, when I opened the door for her. But when Caleb popped up behind me, and gave her a charming smile, she made a whole personality change.

All three of my brothers sat down in the living room with us, they all welcomed her and I did not recognize any of my brothers.

Even Xander smiled at her.

"So, I see you have a big house now, Lilith." She chuckled. "But where is Mr Clover? He will be attending this meeting, wont he?" She reassured, writing down some notes on her board.

"Yes, absolutely!" Caleb nodded. "He was working today, but he will arrive soon."

"That's good." She said, still writing on her board, not even looking up. "I really need to have a conversation with Mr Clover."

"Oh." Elijah exclaimed. "Well, Lilith and I could show you around, while we wait!" He said, standing up.

Oh, no.

"Yes. Let's go." She answered him, glancing at me. I stood up as well. Walking behind those two.

"What a lovely house, it is really good that you have a clean house now, Lilith." She smiled at me. I just nodded, looking at the floor.

Elijah showed her every room, she was very pleased. Our tour ended, showing her my bedroom.

"And that's Liliths room!" She went in, looking around.

"Lilith." She called me. "I would like to speak with you alone, now. If that would be okay?"

"Yes, Madam." I whispered. Elijah hesitated, but then left my room.

"Lilith, I got the information about you from the police." She started talking. "Did you tell your brothers, about the condition you are in?"

"I am fine." I assured her.

She put a hand gently on my back. "Lilith, I will talk with Mr Clover about your nightmares today, not about the causes, only about how to handle them." She explained to me. Tears filled my eyes. Victor will see me as weak, he will tell everybody. "It is simply for safety reasons."

Some tears slipped out.

"You don't need to be ashamed, Lilith! It is not your fault. If you ever have questions or need some advice, you can call me, okay?" She told me again, handing me her card.

"Okay." I sniffled. We left my room, I hope nobody will notice I cried. People told me I look really ugly when I cry.

"Mrs Johnson! Welcome in our house!" Jon's happy voice welcomed us when we came down.

"Oh, hello. You must be Jonathan." She shakes his hand.

Jon smiled at me, too. He looked at my face a little longer then I wanted him to look at it. I gave him a small smile and then just sat on one of the couches.

"I welcome you, too." Victors deep voice filled the room, he was in his suit, shook the lady's hand.

After a little small talk we ate in the dining room, everyone seemed to enjoy the food even though it was just a simple meal. It made me happy.

"I see that I don't have anything to worry about, Lilith is in good hands now." Mrs Johnson looked at all of us. "I still need to have a private talk with you, Mr Clover."

"No problem, you can follow me into my office." They left.

"Are you okay? Did the woman say something to you?" Elijah promptly asked me. He looked angry, why was he angry?

"Yes, I noticed your eyes were red." Jon also said, both of them looked at me, Caleb was eyeing at me.

"No, everything was alright." I told them. "How was your business trip, Jon?"

"Well. It was fine. We were in a hurry." He laughed. "How was your day with Elijah?"

"It was really fun, Elijah is so strong and he bought me ice tea!" I blurted out. I really wanted to share my adventure with Elijah, I had lots of fun.

"Strong, Elijah?" Xander's Voice startled me. "If Elijah is strong then I am hulk."

Xander watched me while he said that, did he try to impress me?

"If you are hulk." Caleb joined the conversation. "Then I am Captain America."

"Guys, guys." Jon stood up. "I am Iron Man."

The boy's started laughing and I giggled.

"I am Groot." I smiled at them, chuckling a little.

Jon smirked at me. "I hope you did not say anything bad to us."

"Goodbye everyone!" Mrs Johnson waved at us, standing at the door. "I I'll take my leave now, see you in a month."

Jon walked her out.

When he came back, Victor also came back, his face was very dark. "Lilith. We will have a talk now. Alone." When this words left his mouth everyone already run outside.

I blinked perplex. "Okay."

Victor sat down in front of me. "I heard about your nightmares, Lilith."

"I didn't had any in the last days, I can handle them on my own, it is all okay." I murmured.

"Lilith, if you will scream in your room, I will come in and help you to calm down. You are my responsibility now." He looked into my eyes. "I only have one question. What is the cause of your bad dreams? Mrs Johnson explained to me it has something to do with your old home. She showed me the pictures today, of your room and everything."

He looked sad.

But I was shocked. He saw the bottles. He saw my mattress. My molding walls and my darkened windows.

I laughed. "Yea, we did not have a lot of money, but it was fine, living together with my mom I mean."

"So the cause?" He asked again. He sounded demanding. "What are you dreaming about?"

I opened my mouth. Closing it againg. Looking everywhere, but not into his eyes. "I dont remember." Pressing my lips together.

"Lilith." He growled. "You know the rules, and to lie to me is forbidden. Tell me now or I am taking away your phone."

He sounded so serious. "Take it." I gave him my phone. Then I walked out of the room, leaving him alone with my phone.

He will not force me to speak to him.

This is a sensitive issue for me, I wont talk to him about it if he is going to be such a jerk.