o n e

Overdosed, I was not surprised that my mother and her poor excuse of a boyfriend Simon were found dead in a parking lot.

The police officers stormed into the house, finding drugs and alcohol everywhere in my home.

They found me sitting in my room, while doing my math homework. The pain I felt when I heard my mother was dead made my heart ache. I really wanted to scream, but I couldn't. Showing my emotions was hard for me.

Even though my mother wasn't the best example of a loving housewife, she was still my mother.

The police took me with them so the house could be probably searched. I packed my stuff and sat in the back of a police car.

In the police department I sat on a comfortable chair of one of the police officers that brought me here. They made me a hot chocolate and called the social workers.

I waited for the next news I would get, I was pretty sure I would be send into forster care or into an orphanage. To my surprise they told me they found a part of my family.

My new guardian would be my older brother Victor Clover. He is my half brother, I first fought that my mother had kids before me but it turned out that we had the same father.

My father's name was Adrian Clover. My mother never talked about him, she told me my father was a good for nothing man.

My brother agreed to take custody of me right away. He agreed to take care of me.

I did not get a long time to let everything settle down in my head, my brother bought a plane ticket and send it to the police department.

The date on the ticket was today.

When I was on the plane, I got really anxious. I knew how it was to live with someone who was called family, but did not feel like family. I did not felt welcome at home, but it was the only place I could return to. It was the place where my mom was. It was still my home.

The boyfriend of my mother always told me to call him daddy when mom was away. I never dared to. He wasn't a father, I am pretty sure real father's treat their daughters diffrent.

Simon was the only male I ever really talked to, so I don't really know how to act with others. I did not had any friends in my old school, because I was not allowed to hang out after school, no one really bothered to talk to me.

Would my brothers be diffrent from him? I really want them to be nice, I want to start this new life as good as possible.

The plane landed soon, sooner than I wanted it to land. I got more and more scared, I started shaking and I got really cold stepping out of the plane getting my luggage.

Everything went by like a blink of an eye. The next moment I stood on the side of a terminal with my grey suitcase.

My smartphone buzzed. I got a message from a number, an unknown number. The police gave me the number of Victor so I was pretty confused that it wasn't the number I saved.

I am standing between Starbucks and McDonald's. Are you at the terminal already?

My heart was beating fast, I typed while my fingers were shaking.

Who is this?

I felt really dumb. Did I get the number wrong?

Jonathan

I blinked twice. I wanted to start crying. What is going on? I dont want to be in this situation.

I am sorry, but who are you?