Problems

Austin's POV:

I got so excited that Hannah decided to say yes to me to go to the dance. I have never fallen in love with a person so fast before. We are the same person and she is so perfect.

I got a text notification on my phone. I see it was from Tiki.

Tiki: Hey I know that you asked Hannah to the dance I don't know I feel about it. She just got her heart broken and I don't want her heart to get broken again. Also both of you are my best friends and that could hurt our friendship if you ever break up.

I couldn't believe this. My hopes were so high and told my family all about her already. I didn't reply right away. I needed time to think. She didn't tell me she just got her heart broken. Maybe this could get her mind off of it. Yeah! I can tell Tiki that this is just to get her mind off of it and that I won't do anything. I grab my phone and text Tiki.

Austin: Hi buddy, I'm sorry she didn't tell me that she just got her heart broken. I didn't know that happened. I know it seems a little weird to have two of your best friends to do something like this, but I promise I won't do anything. Maybe this can help her get her mind off of what happened. You can count on me. I promise I won't do anything to her.

Tiki: Yeah her boyfriend just broke up with her today. She didn't tell you? Maybe don't tell her I told you. Maybe this could get her mind off of it. I trust you and as long as you promise to not do anything to her then I guess I can let you take her to the dance. :)

Austin: Thank you so much Tiki! This means a lot to me.

I feel so much better now. He's letting me take Hannah to the dance. I can't wait! I head to bed early. I don't fall asleep right away but I just imagine how beautiful Hannah would be in her dress. She would look good in any color. Eventually I fell asleep.

The Next Day:

I wake up energized, feeling better than ever. I get ready for school and I head to my car. I checked my phone before I started driving. Oh! I got a text from Hannah.

Hannah: Good morning! Sorry I didn't text last night. I got distracted but I wanted to thank you for asking me to the dance. You are so sweet and kind and really funny. I hope we can meet sometime again soon.

This made my day even better. Who knew one single text could make my whole day. I head off and drive to my school, figuring out what I am going to reply with. I can't be too cheesy but I can't be too shallow either. I eventually found the right thing to reply. I replied as soon as I got to the school and I headed into my school.

I get to my desk and I see Jessica looking at me. Jessica is the most popular girl in the school and she is one of those girls like in the movies. She acts nice and gets you in her trap and then she gets you and makes you feel miserable. She walks over to me smiling.

Jessica: Hey handsome

Austin: What do you want Jessica?

The reason I know so much about Jessica is because her and I dated freshman year. I was new to the school and I didn't know any better. She asked me out and then made me her puppet.

Jessica: I want you to take me to the dance