||one||

REBECCA'S POV

I ran up to my bedroom to the sound of my phone ringing.

I picked up and phone and swiped right.

"Hello?" I said trying to catch my breath.

"Hi, Rebecca, its Gina. l was wondering if you could babysit Jackson tonight, sorry its such short notice but Cameron isnt feeling so well so he wont be able to keep a good eye on him. He's been in bed all day"

"Yeah, sure. Um what time?"

"About an hour?" She asked me.

"Yeah, see you then"

"Great thanks Hun!"

"No problem, bye"

Ever since my neighbour Jackson was born I have been baby sitting him. I mean he is only 4 so I love him to death, the bad part is his brother. Cameron.

Now he is the problem.
We used to be best friends because we are the same age, same school, so we always had sleepovers and stuff. We were attached at the hip.

As we got older, it just got awkward. I mean as we grew up we just felt weird spending so much quality time? Whatever, that's what he said at least.. we never really talk anymore. Actually I haven't even seen him in like 5 years.

He is never around when I babysit Jackson.

It's like he just avoids me, which kind of makes me a bit pissed.

I slipped on a pair of tights, and put on a burgundy wool top. I straightened my hair quickly and just made a little braid and pinned it to the side of my head.

I walked downstairs and grabbed my house keys before locking the door.

I walked down my driveway and walked over to their house.
I knocked on the door, and Gina opened it.

"Rebecca, thanks for coming on such short notice!" she said while giving me a hug.

"No problem!" I said taking off my shoes and putting them down on the front carpet.

"Wabecca!" Jackson yelled running up to me. "Hi buddy" I said crouching to give him a hug.

"Okay, I left 25 dollars on the table for pizza. Jackson be good okay." Gina said giving him a kiss on the head and then he ran off and sat down on a chair in the kitchen.

"CAMERON WE ARE LEAVING HONEY!" she yelled up to him.

He didn't answer back.

"Rebecca is watching Jackson okay, so get some rest!" she yelled again.

I heard shuffling as she said that from upstairs.

"Have fun guys" I said as Gina and her husband walked out the door.

I walked in to the kitchen after locking the door. I asked Jackson what kind of pizza he wanted, he just replied candy pizza. Like a typical kid would..

I laughed walked out of the kitchen to go grab the house phone when I bumped in to someone, causing me to fall on my ass. I looked up, Cameron.

"Shit, sorry" he said helping me up.

"Its alright, what pizza do you want?" I asked.

"It's been a while huh?" He smiled awkwardly and scratched the back of his head and ignoring my question.

Is he really gonna act like nothing is wrong?

"Yeah.. So what pizza do you want?" I didn't want a conversation.