||fifty•five||

CAMERON'S POV

I woke up to the sound of a strumming guitar, and some mumbling of words.

I got up wincing at the bright light through the window.

Nash and Jasmine were still sleeping.

I walked out to the backyard porch.

Rebecca was playing her guitar, to A Little Too Much.

"But when it got hard he would lose his focus, so take my hand it will be alright. And he knew that would be okay, so he didn't let it get in his way. Sometimes it all gets a little too much, but you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up. And you don't have to be afraid, because were all the same, and we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much, yea.." She continued changing up the lyrics a bit, from she to he and so on.

She finished up the song and i stood at the door, leaning against it.

"That was pretty good" I smiled crossing my arms.

She turned around, "Jeez you scared me" she giggled. "Sorry, did I wake you up?" She asked me as I sat beside her on the swinging bench.

"No, but seriously that was amazing." I kissed her.

"The song just makes me happy. I just feel like it completely describes how I feel and I just love it. Its like he wrote it about me.." She laId her head in the crook of my neck.

"Rebecca, do you have feelings for him?" I asked her, she pulled her head away.

"Who? Shawn?" She ruffled her eyebrows.

"Yes" I scratched the back of my head.

"Am I in a relationship with Shawn?" She asked in all seriousness.

"No, I don't think." I replied.

"Then I have no feelings for him. If I liked Shawn like that, then I would be with him. But im with you, because I love you. not Shawn." She placed her hand on my shoulder.

"So?" I dragged it on.

"No, I do not like Shawn." She said slowly.

"Good, because you're mine" I hugged her tight.

"So Nash and Jas are getting married huh?" She smiled.

"Yea, um I can't believe he asked me to be his best man.." I smiled back.

"Why? You are his best friend." She smiled.

"Yea I don't know, I'm such a bad friend" I giggled.

"Ya" she punched my shoulder.

"No really though" I came to realization.

"He was always there for me when I needed him but I was never there for him. Or you. What the hell is wrong with me?" I got up and began packing back and forth.

"Cameron don't say that" Rebecca said.

"Why? It's true, you of all people would know" I pointed out.

"Okay Cameron everyone has their flaws, but I can't think of one person who is as kind, selfless, loving, and caring as you. You may not always help him but you definitely put him and me before yourself a lot" she said to me.

"Honestly, I'm glad to have people like you and him in my life. Without you guys, I wouldn't be able to get through anything." I wrapped her in my arms.

"I wouldn't want it any other way" she smiled.

We walked back in to the house, and found Nash and Jasmine talking on the couch.