With a quick fingerprint unlock, Andrea's face popped on my screen. I had missed twelve calls from my sister.

"Damn, Sis," I muttered.

No calls from Reuben.

That's surprising.

A missed call from Jada and two from Mom.

Call Andrea's ass before she flies her ass out here.

Exactly.

Andrea was my little big sister. She will pop up on my ass and demand answers for my 'willful neglect'. Her and them damn fancy terms. She was such a college kid, she would say the same things to my mother and father until they threaten to hit her with a dictionary.

I dialed her line and it went straight to voicemail for the first two tries. I decided to not call her back until I saw she immediately called me after the second attempt.

"Drea," I smiled as soon as I answered her call. "You've been on some stalker shit today, little girl. What is this fuss and what's up?"

No response.

"Andrea? Girl, are you there?"

Still nothing. But faint breathing. This must be another one of Andrea's practical jokes, like a few nights ago. I sat there for a moment, nothing being said... Waiting for her to do her goofy laugh or do one her silly voices to break the monotony between us. But there was, once again, nothing.

The hell is wrong with sissy?

"Sis," I turned from the closet, allowing my eyes to wander. Trying to wrap my mind around Andrea being cryptic "Girl, are you there?"

But there was an unsuspected:

"Maia."

Given in response from an unknown, man's voice. This took me immediately by surprise. Andrea was never the type to do a one-night stand, especially not letting the fool linger around her crib until the afternoon.

Or answer her damn phone.

Exactly, this did not make sense. My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to wrap my mind around this entire situation.

"H-hello?" I wanted to be a tad rude, but I decided to keep my cool instead. "Where is my sister?"

Fuck that! "Who is this? And why is your bitch ass answering my little sister's phone?"

I told you I was trying to be cool. Calm down.

"She's busy at the moment."

The nerve, girl! The nerve of this ashmite.

I licked my bottom lip in agitation. Dude was trying to play, and I got time today.

EXACTLY! Who in the fuck is dude? And why is he answering my sister's phone?!

Period. In that order.

"Look, Asshole, put my damn sister on this phone."

The mane on the other end let out this deep chuckle on the other line.

Instantly, the hairs on my arm, and the back of my neck stood at attention. The pit of my stomach twisted into knots. The saliva in my mouth ran dry and my heart stop beating immediately.

I clasped my chest, as it felt like an elephant had did a belly-flop onto my chest. Breathing had become harder to do and my mind raced to try to control all of the waves of panic that had suddenly overpowered me.

That laugh.

That voice.

It was him...