Chapter o013

Tierra Davenport's POV:

Clutching the cover over my nude, sweat drenched body, I watched the man I had barely knew nonchalantly begin to pull on his cloths. No longer acknowledging me, I replayed the events of last couple of weeks in my mind. Never did I have the intentions on cheating on my husband, but our schedules clashed so much that we barely had time for one another.

"Can I call you tonight?" I asked as I edge towards the end of the bed, still wrapped in the thin motel bedding.

"Nah, I'm busy tonight—I'll holla at you tomorrow." He said, still never looking over at me. "I got some business to handle."

There was not much I knew about this man, but he was everything I needed at that moment. I met him at grocers, he was the perfect description of 'tall, dark and handsome.' He told me he was new to town that he was looking to reconnect with some old acquaintances; before I knew it, we had exchanged numbers after a few minutes of heavy flirting, then the next thing I know I am on my back in his bed.

Naked.

I didn't tell Maia or Nicolette—Andrea didn't like me that much so I never tell her a damn thing. But as of right now... He'll be my little secret.

I love my husband but Greg is what I needed at the time.

Maia Jones' POV:

"Welcome to New Orleans, Mr. Michaelson and Ms. Jones."

As soon as Reuben stepped out of car, he was greeted by a very short, plump man wearing this very bad toupee atop of his head. I tried not to stare as Reuben's hand reached in and waited for me to grab on to it, so he could assist me out of the luxury vehicle. Quickly looking for another place to let my eyes wander, I took in the beautiful sights known as Cajun Country... The plantation styled edifice that stood before me gave a sister mixed emotions.

You know how many slaves probably worked that damn field? My thoughts exactly, bitch—You on my level.

"I'll be Rudolph, your humble guide over Monsieur Beauchamp's charity week—"

I gave Reuben a look, he said it was only going to be a few days, not an entire fucking week!

"Babe—"

I began but he just pulled me closer and pecked a kiss to my lips; that seemed to be answer for everything when I was about to say some shit he didn't want to hear. And it was beginning to piss me off, but I like the feel of his lips on mine, too.

This man knew what he was undoing, he played my emotions like a car radio.

"No guidance needed, Rudolph, I've been to these weekly events enough to know how things proceed." He chuckled as he looked back to David. "Have our bags taken upstairs while I show Ms. Jones the grounds."

David nodded his head then turned as servants filed from the house and over to the car we arrived in. Reuben kept his arm around my waist as he walked me on a pebbled path that circled the front of the large home. I just continued to stare at the beautiful home, it was breathtaking, something out of a southern romance novel.