Chapter 27: Crush

Third Person's POV

The night was cool and the soft summer breeze was gently touching the cold skin of a certain brunette. Two pair of soft footsteps is the only thing that can be heard in the dimly lit street of the neighborhood, that was accompanied by the rhythmic sounds of crickets. Oh how calming it is and wonderful to have a walk.

Well, not for the two teenage boys who tried their hardest to let the peaceful environment sunk in to them. The blonde was still holding the pass out girl in his arms, who looks more at peace and relax than before. Her soft snores was beautifully syncing with the soft breeze of the night, that it gently eases the tension building in Tsukishima's body.

Tsukishima looked at the girl in his arms, and analyzed her. Her face was starting to go back to its peachy color, and her twitching eyebrows was now relieved. Her pinkish lips was slightly parted, with her soft snores erupting from it.

His heart suddenly skipped a beat making him blush. Just by gazing at her face, his heart was already jumping with giddiness. He doesn't like it, but he doesn't hate it too. It was just... Neutral.

Oh how he wonders how she could make him feel so weird. Not awfully weird. But a nice and warm weird feeling.

He suddenly sighed and looked away from her. Now he's getting his vocabulary jumbled up. He can't find the right words to describe his weird feeling for her. A weird attraction that keeps him magnetize to the cold and quiet Ukai Rina.

Yes, everyone. Tsukishima Kei likes Ukai Rina, and he doesn't even have any inkling that he likes her.

"Tsuki, Are you alright? I heard you sigh..." Yamaguchi suddenly asked from beside him.

Hearing his sigh, Yamaguchi wondered if his best friend was already feeling tired from carrying her. His face was completely covered with worry as he looked up to the blonde who looked down to meet his gaze. Tsukishima just gave him a blank look and shook his head.

"I'm fine... It's nothing" he dismissed as he averted his gaze.

As they neared the Foothill shop, they can already see their coach's figure, standing in front of the shop, looking around while tapping his foot anxiously. The blonde coach finally turned in to their direction and let out a breath of relief. He uncrossed his arms and took a few steps towards them.

"Tsukishima, Yamaguchi... Thank goodness..." He greeted, his tone was now lightly tinted with worry and fear.

"Goodevening, Coach." Yamaguchi nervously greeted with a bow, along with Tsukishima who only bowed his head.

"Ano, About Rina..."

"Thank you for bringing her home safely. Ennoshita already called and explained to me what happened. So don't worry about explaining anymore..." He assured them as he placed a hand on Rina's forehead. He sighed again in relief and then he look up to Tsukishima.

"Can you help me bring her to her room?" He asked the blonde teen who just nodded.

The three of them then entered the shop and took a flight a stairs towards the next floor. They soon arrived at Rina's room. Tsukishima gently placed her on the bed and moved aside for coach Ukai to tuck her in. Yamaguchi then took the initiative to place Rina's things at the foot of the bed.

They soon exited her room and then out of the shop.

"Thank you again for bringing her home, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi..."

"U-Uh, it's nothing... Rina is also our friend, so it's alright..." Yamaguchi nervously stuttered and Coach Ukai just smiled gratefully at the two teens.