Chapter 20: Sick

Third Person's POV

The schoolbell rings indicating that classes has already ended. The freckled boy and his blonde friend then started fixing their things. But before Yamaguchi placed his books in his bag, he glanced at Rina's seat which is just beside his blonde bestfriend and made a worried look.

'She didn't come to school today. I haven't seen her since yesterday's match...After we...Lost'

He deeply thought and went back to fixing his things.

'I wonder what happened to her'

"Yamaguchi, Let's go..."

"Hai Tsuki..." He hurriedly slung his bag on his shoulder and followed the tall blonde out of their classroom.

"Ne, Tsuki..." The freckled teen called.

"what?" The blonde answered, not even sparing a glance at his friend.

"Are you going to the gym today?"

"...Coach told us to take a rest today..." he answered.

"So you're not coming?" Yamaguchi asked again and this time the blonde stopped walking and looked at him.

"I didn't say I'm not coming. And besides, I don't have anything to do anyways..." he reasoned and continued walking leaving the freckled teen smiling.

"If you say so..." Yamaguchi smiled and catched up to him.

"By the way, Rina didn't come to school today..." He said worriedly and Tsukishima just gave him a glance.

'He's right. She didn't showed up today. She wasn't with us in the bus yesterday too...'

The blonded thought. But knowing his cold and prideful tsundere attitude, He won't admit that he cares.

"So?" He answered boredly making the freckled teen frown at him.

"Aren't you worried too?Tsuki?"

"...No..." he answered rather straightly.

"Eh? I thought you would care since you like her!!" Yamaguchi exclaimed making the blonde teen almost trip on his feet and blush a little.

"Eh?Tsuki?Are you alright?"

"What makes you think I like her?!" The blonde glared and Yamaguchi just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm your friend Tsuki. I know when you like someone!" he beamed and Tsukishima scowled at him and continued walking.

"As if, I don't like that delinquent queen..."He muttered and Yamaguchi stopped walking and he hung his head low with a shadow covering half of his face.

"Are you sure Tsuki??" he asked seriously making Tsukishima stopped walking and look at his friend who is gripping the strap of his bag tightly.

'What is wrong with him?' He thought being irritated all of a sudden.

"Because I like her Tsuki..." Yamaguchi suddenly confessed shocking Tsukishima and leaving him speechless.

"You...like her?" Tsukishima asked.

'I knew it. I should have noticed it sooner.' The blonde thought as he clenched his hand in his pocket.

"Nah! I'm just kidding Tsuki! Now, Come on! I'm sure the others are already in the gym" He smiled and pushed Tsukishima so they can continue walking.

Tsukishima was mentally shocked by the sudden changed of attitude of Yamaguchi but then, he just shrugged it off and continued walking.

Meanwhile, Yamaguchi held a small sad smile as he followed his bestfriend behind to the clubroom.