The Good, The Bad and The Betrayed

"How could you you traitor!" shouted Rena Rouge clenching the only card that she had had left in her hand. It had only been minutes, nay, mere seconds since she had called 'Uno'

Ladybug maniacally laughed as she smacked down her 'Draw +4′ card onto the piled in the center of the four heroes, not breaking eye contact with the fox-eared girl as she picked up her extra cards. Rena Rouge inhaled sharply holding her now 5 cards.

They had been at this game for hours as a way of bonding. Master Fu had suggested it after adding two more heroes to the bunch. He figured it'd be a great way for them to learn each other's strengths and weaknesses in order to improve their fighting in the field... He couldn't have been more wrong. Every Saturday evening for the past month since he suggested it the four heroes had gathered in his massage parlor to play old board games with each other. He quickly came to realize how competitive the two girls were.

Carapace quickly glanced over at Chat across the table who tried to slyly shake his head not wanting to anger the two girls. He looked down at his hand after placing down a card which left him with one left. A blue six. An uno.

He internally debated whether he should even bother saying it, trying his best not to frustrate the girls sitting beside him who had fire in their eyes. It then soon became an unspoken conversation with the black cat who sat across form him trying to convince him to not say anything and to keep going on with the game as if nothing was happening, but he refused. For the past month he had been devastatingly defeated at every board game that they had played with each other. Carapace sucked up all of the courage he had and muttered out a small:

"Uno..."

And so, the game continued. A back and forth battle between the two girls violently smacking their cards down but neither getting much closer to uno. Carapace looked down and froze gazing at the pile. It was his turn. The red number 6 shined up at him and he glanced back and forth at his single six card. A smile grew across his face. Finally it was his time to shine. Carapace was to be the winner this Saturday.

The same fire that engulfed Ladybug and Volpina's eyes soon began to spark in his as he stood up tall above the three heroes. The two girls had stopped mid-glare to stare up at their partner as he forcefully threw down his last card.

"I... I win...I... WIN... I WIN!" He shouted moving his fists to his hips to assume the classic 'superhero pose'

Almost simultaneously the two girls smacked down their remaining cards and shouted in rage.

The game was over. He had won. Carapace reined victorious.