The Set Up

Alya leaned up against Nino's side with a long, drawn out sigh. Her eyes were glued to the TV as it replayed the latest akuma attack capturing Ladybug and Chat Noir's action as they saved Paris. Even though it had been almost a month, she was still in awe every time she saw the superhero duo end their save with not only a fist bump, but a kiss.

Since they first started working together it was easy to see how the flirted and teased one another, how Chat would make advances only to be rejected by Ladybug. 

They were oblivious to their real feelings for each other for such a long time, no one believed they would catch on. But, almost a month ago they realized their feelings and announced it on live TV that they were officially a couple.

The whole thin reminded her of her own blind friends. Despite the struggles, Ladybug and Chat Noir overcame the hurdles and became Paris' number one item and yet, Marinette and Adrien couldn't seem to jump over the first one.

"Don't you think Marinette and Adrien would make a cute couple? Kind of like Ladybug and Chat Noir," she sighed. Even though she was starting to loose hope about her two best friends ever becoming an item, she still held onto some hope.

"It's never going to happen," Nino pointed out, never taking his eyes off the broadcast. "Marinette is way too shy around Adrien and he's so wrapped up in keeping his father happy he's oblivious of her feelings," he reminded his girlfriend.

"Yeah, you're right," Alya sighed in defeat. She hated to admit it, but he was right. They were just too different, too oblivious of each other to realize what was right in front of their faces. Alya shifted in her seat to face Nino as a light bulb went off in her mind. "What if we give them a push in the each other's direction?"

Nino stared at her confusingly. "What, like we help them?"

Alya moved closer, looking him dead in the eye. "You said it yourself, they're too shy and oblivious around each other to ever notice their feelings. But, if we set them up on, say, a date then they'll have to see that they're suppose to be together!"

There was a long pause between them before a response was made. "I don't know..." Nino fiddled with his headphones. "Marinette and Adrien. They're our best friends and I would hate to see them get hurt because of what we did" he said. "Besides, shouldn't we just let them figure it out on their own time?"

"Come on Nino," Alya begged, trying to push him on board. "It's perfect. We'll talk to them and convince them to go to the Eiffel Tower with us, but when they get there we'll make an excuse to leave. After that, they'll realize it's just the two of them and they'll have to spend the night together!"

Nino sighed, wondering what he should do. On one hand, he didn't want to hurt his friends, especially if the idea backfired. He just couldn't stand to see them mad at him and Alya forever. On the other hand, if they didn't try something they may never realize anything and they'll become lost causes.

"I just don't know if-" he was quickly silenced with a finger pressed against his lips. Unable to say a word, he could only watch in horror as Alya was already starting to dial Marinette's number.

________<3________<3________<3________<3________<3

"Awww, come on bugaboo, don't be like that," Adrien said, trying to grab Marinette's attention, but every time he looked at her, she looked away. He gave Plagg and Tikki a pleading look of help, hoping they would be able to help him, but no such luck. "I told you, it was an accident. I was saving your life," he argued.

Marinette crossed her arms firmly, staring out the window to avoid his gaze. "Saving my life or not, you threw me into the river! I had that akuma too!," she countered back.