•35• Plan B

Chapter 35:

Chapter 35:

Plan B

"Oh my god, is that?" One girl whispers to her friend, loudly enough to catch my attention.

As my head turns to face her, she hides away, a mixture of fear and embarrassment lingers behind her cold eyes.

"Wow, she's back?" Another voice asks his friend, the same disbelief flooding his voice.

"She's returned." A voice to the left of me says and this time it didn't hold the same meaning which it did during my first week here at Oakmore.

Pulling out my chair, I slump down, my back sliding against it. I try to keep my attention on my textbook, avoiding the looks of disgust being thrown my way from my fellow classmates. I've already been subjected to this look as I walked through the hallways on my way to this class. It feels like I'm a disease, plaguing the hallways, no one daring to come near me.

If there's one thing I've learnt since moving here, it's that I have never been invisible at this school. For years back home I longed to be noticed, to have a taste of popularity. I wanted to be something to someone. When I first moved people stared because I was the new girl but now people stare because I'm the girl who killed her own friend.

No matter how much Zac or my mum tried to convince me to tell the school the truth about the cheating, that it was a mistake and not my fault, I refused. No one would believe me, especially now Amelia's got the whole school on strings again, playing each and every student like her puppets. Whatever she asked, they did.

Amelia's sharp voice pierces through the thick silence in the room, cutting short as she notices me sitting in my usual seat. Her posse of girls stand around her, acting like both her army and her bodyguards. She looks untouchable.

All she needs now is a crown and she'll become the definition of Queen Bee.

I shoot her a look but I can't hold it for longer than a few seconds, my emotions start to overwhelm me and the last thing I want to do is cry in front of all of these people.

"Chloe, you can sit with me today. I don't want you sitting next to the murderer." Amelia says, spite lacing her harsh words.

Chloe shuffles her feed nervously before nodding in agreement.

I draw my fingers up to my temples, rubbing in small circles as I try to calm to slow the throb of a headache.

I'm praying that this torture ends soon, I need it to. If this is how the next eight months of school is going to be, I wont cope. This constant abuse could end up becoming the death of me.

***

Trudging across the parking lot, my fingers press down on the car keys causing the lights to flash as the doors unlock.