•12• I Promise

Chapter 12:

Chapter 12:

I Promise

"Hey Lola, what week is it for your battle with Zac?" Someone shouts at me from across the room in math class.

"5." I mumble.

"Woah that's crazy!" They enthusiastically reply.

"Yep." I moan before turning to stare out of the window.

This has been my mood all week; miserable. Ever since Zac introduced us all to Zara the battle hasn't been the same. I've lost my competitiveness and at this point I feel hurt more than I do angry.

I just wish that he'd picked me. He knew that I wanted him so he used the typical boy excuse 'let's just be friends" but he obviously doesn't want to just be friends with Zara. What does she have that I don't?

Then again I haven't made myself look any better- I am still 'dating' his best friend...

I just can't stand watching them as a couple anymore, seeing them hold hands, kiss, laugh with each other, seeing people call them their favourite couple on the school feed, that was what I wanted. What frustrates me the most is that I am still unsure if what they have is real or if it's all part of his plan to make me jealous.

If it is, he's succeeding.

The sound of a few people's phones vibrating against the table frightens me, interrupting my thoughts.

I search around the room looking for all of the culprits but it isn't long before I spot them because for some reason after looking down at their phones they all seemed to look up at me. Guilt and sorrow written across their faces.

Grabbing my phone from my pocket, I quickly open up the school feed.

Staring down at my phone in disbelief, my body freezes whilst everybody's eyes watch for my reaction.

Only one thought crosses my mind- I am going to kill him.

***

Storming past hundreds of lockers, the sound of the heels of my boots stamping on the floor echoes throughout the hallway.

I scan everybody, hoping to see his face. Then I see him, standing with Steven, Blake and of course Zara.

"Hey sweetie, can we have a chat?" I ask George, ignoring everybody else.

"Sure." His voice is filled with innocence as though he is oblivious to what's going on.

Gripping his hand, I pull him into the nearest empty classroom, slamming the door behind us.

"What the hell were you thinking George? You kissed her?" My voice is full of rage and agitation.

I hand him my unlocked phone, with the picture of him wrapped around Zara, a hand in her hair as they kiss under the bleachers.