•28• Newsaper Articles

Chapter 28:

Chapter 28:

Newspaper Articles

"Okay, this is just a quick call to remind you all about the Halloween party this weekend." Sophie announces as we all join the group call.

"Sophie we get it, we all have to be there at bang on 5pm and help you set up." George moans.

"I know and I'm sorry to keep going on about it but I don't want a repeat of last year when certain members of this group arrived two hours late." She warns.

"You know I apologised for that!" Kieran says, laughing.

"Anyway, I had a valid reason to be late." He adds.

"Kieran, hooking up with that cheerleader in the grade below us does not count as a valid reason." Sophie replies, clearly irritated.

"It was definitely worth it!" Kieran brags, causing Zac and Blake to let out small laughs, to which Sophie pouts her lips even more.

I move my laptop closer so that it's higher up onto my stomach, shuffling around under my covers. Half of me is paying attention to the call whilst the other half of me focuses on painting my nails. I've picked a black nail polish, not my usual colour but it is all in preparation for the Halloween party on saturday.

I can't believe Halloween is already here. I'm fairly excited as it'll be my first one in America and everyone knows that the Americans do Halloween bigger than any other country. In the UK, it was only exciting for kids, being able to go around and collect sweets. There'd be the occasional Halloween party but they were exclusive to the 'popular' kids. Everything was bigger and better here, from the decorations to the parades.

"Hey!" Zara says, being the last to join the call.

Everyone stays silent, staring at her picture on the scream. It is not an image that any of us are expecting.

"What on earth is that?" Steven asks, no longer able to contain his laughter.

He is referencing the towel wrapped around Zara's head to dry her hair. She's quite clearly just gotten out of the shower and before she could even get dressed, she's decided to finally join the conversation.

"It's a towel to dry my hair, duh." She replies sarcastically.

"Zara, are you even wearing any clothes?" Kieran asks, a cheeky glint is visible in his eyes, even through the camera.

"Not yet, just a towel." Zara replies innocently.

"Keep your eyes on her face Kieran, she's not going to drop the towel you creep. We may not be together right now but I can still come over there to kick your ass." George jokes yet we can all tell that deep down he's very serious.

"Okay! Back to the important stuff." Sophie claps her hands to regain everyone's attention.

"As George said, make sure you're all here for 5-" She starts to say and I can see Kieran roll his eyes, something Sophie luckily doesn't notice.