•4• The Language of Love

Chapter 4:

Chapter 4:

The Language Of Love

Sophie waves from the other side of the window, giving me a huge grin from our now regular seat on the bus when it pulls up to my stop.

For the first time in forever, I feel excited about school today. I can't wait to sit with everyone at lunch, go to my new classes and see a certain someone again.

One of the first things that I noticed about Oakmore was that everyone was very friendly. When I was walking through the hallways, yesterday, people would smile and say hello, and someone from each period would offer to walk me to my next one.

"Hey, girl!" Sophie says as I drop my bag down and sit next to her.

"Hi!"

People have started to stop staring when I get on the bus as they are now used to seeing me every day. However, today one boy from the back shouts "SHE HAS RETURNED" like he was from a movie.

"I bet you are looking forward to today." Sophie raises an eyebrow and smirks at me.

"Oh yeah of course, because I just love 6 hours of learning." I reply sarcastically.

She shoots me a glare.

"No silly! Because you will get to see the boy you're in love with!" She teases.

"Sophie shut up!" I say in a loud whisper, slapping her arm.

"I'm not in love with him. He is just incredibly cute."

"Yeah, well, be prepared to hear all kinds of rumours and gossip about you two, if you are caught talking then it will be all over the school's feed. So it's up to you, you can talk to him and be spoken about, or you could not talk to him and not be spoken about, and you being stubborn and violent-" She pauses to rub her arm and stare at me.

"I think you have already made your choice." She says, pouting.

She's right; there is one side of me that's adamant about staying out of top gossip, especially when it involves Zac. He would probably hate to be rumoured with a girl, even worse a girl like me.

But then another side of me wants to talk to this boy again so badly! I need to know more about him; it's driving me crazy.

It's incredible to me that I had spoken to him for all of about 2 minutes, yet my heart is begging for me to see him again. He was the only person that I met on my first day who was constantly on my mind, but I can't quite figure out why.