Epilogue

Jason's POV

*Six Years Later*

"CODY, FOOD'S READY" Jimmy screams while flipping pancakes at the stove, he and Storm have been here for the last two weeks. Since it is December he said he wanted to spend Christmas here, which seems to mean the whole month. The pounding of feet running down the stairs echoes in the once quiet house, the lanky eighteen-year-old burst in. His dark hair is sticking in every direction possible, showing he's only just woken up. That and he was only wearing trackie bottoms and one sock. His lilac eyes dart around the kitchen looking for his promised food before landing on the overflowing plate of pancakes with syrup dribbling all over, the drool was starting to escape from his lips.

"Honey, sit down and eat your food," Before I even finish, he is seating with half a pancake hanging from his mouth.

Shaking my head while laughing at the sight, I couldn't help remembering how much of a son Cody has ended up becoming to me and Luke. Ever since we brought him home I've become very protective of him in a motherly way, I can't help but want to look after him.

He was so young and to have been forced into what he had, I guess I just wanted to make him forget the past and be able to grow up like a normal teenager. After I and Luke got married I was now seen more like his equal. After the wedding Luke asked me if I wanted to officially adopt Cody as our son, I, of course, was over the moon. Everything that I thought would never come true was finally falling into place, so after a few months, we adopted Cody.

We brought him up just like he was our real child. At first, it was amazing, he was this cute little kid that just liked following me around. Then came the teenage years, which were horrible. The number of times he told me he hated me, well it was the same amount that I'd cried into Luke's shirt over the whole thing.

It lasted for about four years. Yeah, it started getting annoying, but then once he turned 17 it was like a switch in his brain, well switched back to that sweet kid. Except now he is 5 foot 11 and looking more like a grown man every day. Sure, he still has this adorable smile and those amazing eyes, which always remind me of the kid that would follow me like a shadow but he wasn't theoretically my little boy anymore.

"Hey hey, slow down. You're going to choke yourself" Luke was now standing behind Cody with both his hands planted on his shoulders, but his loving smile was still there.

Luke is the one I think was the most excited about getting a son, he told me later on that he was excited to bring up a kid the right way and not as certain people do. I knew he was talking not only about his real father, who he'd told me used to be an alcoholic that would beat him and his mother when he would stumble home late at night. But also Samuel, who had tried to take him as a son but had only wanted him as a puppet to control, as he does to everyone he comes into contact with. "Please don't tell me you've eaten them all and not left any for your beautiful dad," He smirks, while coming and planting a sweet kiss to my cheek.

"Course not, daddy," Cody tries saying with a mouth full of food. Some people think it's weird that an eighteen-year-old still calls Luke daddy, but he's done it since we adopted him and it's not like either of us care, more like we both think it's adorably sweet.

"Good boy," Luke ruffles his hair before going and getting my plate of food from Jimmy, who's leaning against the counter smiling at the three of us. He drinks some hot chocolate with what seems like a whole can of whipped cream on top, twenty sugars and lots of sprinkles.

"Baby, that looks like a lot of sugar," Storm says as soon as he waltzes into the kitchen, his eyes going straight to the cup in Jimmy's hands, "You know how you get when you have sugar," Storm says, now in Jimmy's spot against the counter with him in front. So how are these two messed up love bird doing? Well, good.

Sure, the first few years were up and down. Jimmy's depression kept coming back and he would try and hide it the best he could. With how intimate his and Storms relationship was, Storm would notice straight away. But as soon as he'd confront him, Jimmy would go off in terrible moods with him, up and leaving for weeks on end, before he'd crawl back and apologize. But the last couple of years have been surprisingly calmer, Jimmy finally let go and went to get some professional help. You could tell how difficult it was for him but he knew that it was pushing Storm away and he couldn't let that ever happen, so he sucked it up and went.